Starting Stength Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavc83

Anyone selling or know where I can get a CHEAP copy (even just borrow for a month)

I'm wanting to add strength work to my Kettlebell / Metcon routines that I've been doing and this I believe is a good starter. Im already dead lifting / back squatting etc and although I can write up my own plan, why re-invent something that's tried an tested. Also I'm a keen learner and been after this book for a while just won't part with the current price!

Any help will be spot on, Sunderland based so can pick up and promise I'll keep it in superb condition

Is your goal purely strength training? How many sessions can you dedicated pw to it? There are other very good strength training routines out there and if you aren't comfortable with *cough* acquiring *cough* Rippetoe's starting strength online, it may be better to follow another good routine.

Haha cough cough

More than happy for you to direct me to another strength programme. My programme will be tailored around football x 2 a week.

My ideal week will look like:
Monday Strength AM / skill work and Metcon PM
Tuesday Stength AM / skill work and Metcon PM
Wednesday skill work AM / Match Evening
Thursday Recovery day with more mobility / possibly evening skill work
Friday Strength AM / skill work
Saturday Match PM

That's just a quick thought but could manage x4 strength depending on programme and probably will be skill work before some strength although some don't advice it. I'm basically wanting to get stronger and compotent at lifting. I'll also be learning the oly lifts which will probably become as part of my skill work.

If you've got some good strength programmes please direct me!

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a thread on bodybuilding.com which explains pretty good detail on starting strength, if you just want the routine the look through that,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back