Stanley Cup Craze or How I Know I've Been Living Under a Rock for Weeks

People haven't been fighting each other to get them off the shelves for 100 years though have they?

From various news outlets, excerpt.

For the better part of the past 110 years, Stanley was doing just fine.

The drinkware manufacturer had made a place for itself in the knapsacks of outdoorsmen and lunchboxes of blue collar workers with its bottles and thermoses that kept food and drinks hot — or cold — for hours on end.

The Seattle-based brand was chugging along with a comfortable $70 million in annual sales from its famous hammertone green products, and looked poised for another century of modest, reliable success.

But starting in 2020, something changed. A fledgling product came into its own and turned Stanley into a juggernaut

Article title: How Stanley Turned a 100-Year-Old Water Bottle Into a $750 Million Business

I was mooching about in Keswick last week and saw a Stanley flask - looked nice , sturdy , pastel green. Impressed.

£53 - didn’t buy.

Coffee is for in the house, in a establishment, or at work. No need for in between, it’s just performative nonsense.
Even in countries where one might have a long drive there’s places along the route to stop, refuel and rest.
Absolutely nee need, except to be seen.

Back