Stand By Me

Another Stephen King story. He has some belters mind
Aye I love his books but the better films tend to be from his novellas as, for me, the novels rely much more on you experiencing the book in your own head. They then tend be more of a disappointment when relayed onto film.

The book that stand by me came from had four novellas in it (I’m sure the story is called the body and it’s even better than the film) of the four three were made into films one of which is shawshank redemption which is one of my favourite films ever

Aye I love his books but the better films tend to be from his novellas as, for me, the novels rely much more on you experiencing the book in your own head. They then tend be more of a disappointment when relayed onto film.

The book that stand by me came from had four novellas in it (I’m sure the story is called the body and it’s even better than the film) of the four three were made into films one of which is shawshank redemption which is one of my favourite films ever
Forgive my obvious stupidity but what is the difference between a novel and a novella?

Forgive my obvious stupidity but what is the difference between a novel and a novella?
I’m not a literary expert but novels are stand alone and longer but novellas are shorter and often there is a few together in a collection. They are a bit too long and complex to be called short stories. This is the one with the stand by me story in it it’s a brilliant collection and worth anyones time to read it

Logon or register to see this image

I’m not a literary expert but novels are stand alone and longer but novellas are shorter and often there is a few together in a collection. They are a bit too long and complex to be called short stories. This is the one with the stand by me story in it it’s a brilliant collection and worth anyones time to read it

Cheers. Makes sense.

Yeah agree with that. Saying that Misery is good, The Green Mile if a bit long and Ive always had a soft spot for IT thanks to Tim Curry even though its terrible at times.

Shawshank is superb mind

Actually sitting reading this now round the pool with an efes

Over the weekend I found out an old school friend has passed away.
Only 43 years old man.
#fuckcancer etc.
I’ve barely seen him face to face in the last 25 years but we were still occasionally in touch by various other means.
This scene kind of sums it all up, I guess

Over the weekend I found out an old school friend has passed away.
Only 43 years old man.
#fuckcancer etc.
I’ve barely seen him face to face in the last 25 years but we were still occasionally in touch by various other means.
This scene kind of sums it all up, I guess

My daughter just turned 12. The way she got on with her mates at the weekend I can see how that last line is true!

Back