Stabbing in Birmingham

The poor kid must have been terrified, truly sickening - RIP young man 😪.
Hopefully the club has decent CCTV and there are some brave witnesses that will come forward 🤞

I get what you're saying, but I reckon it's a lot worse to do it in a nightclub full of innocent people than, let's say, if they bundled him in to a car & stabbed him down a lane, or something.

Just putting people through unnecessary trauma, when they were going to stab this person anyway.
Going out the house with a knife with no reason is indefensible
I’ve got a knife in the truck but it’s there for opening hay bales.
There’s not one in the car because there’s no reason too. I’ve actually got one in my pocket now but I’m likely to use it throughout the day and not for sticking it in someone

Is there no mandatory sentence for getting caught out with a knife?

If not then then should be

Serious question - what is the actual political aversion to this? It seems like an easy win. Let’s say a max 15 year custodial sentence for carrying a knife. Why not? Appreciate lots of things to clarify around type of knife, intention of carrying etc, but for cases where you catch someone walking about with a massive knife late at night with no reason…why not?

Serious question - what is the actual political aversion to this? It seems like an easy win. Let’s say a max 15 year custodial sentence for carrying a knife. Why not? Appreciate lots of things to clarify around type of knife, intention of carrying etc, but for cases where you catch someone walking about with a massive knife late at night with no reason…why not?
Exactly, some people would need them for work etc but if your walking around with a massive knife at night there is only 1 reason for it.

People would probably try say was for protection to try and get away with it.
It used to be four years prison for carrying a weapon.
Is it not anymore?

Carrying a big fuck off knife should have same punishment as carrying a gun

Going out the house with a knife with no reason is indefensible
I’ve got a knife in the truck but it’s there for opening hay bales.
There’s not one in the car because there’s no reason too. I’ve actually got one in my pocket now but I’m likely to use it throughout the day and not for sticking it in someone
Eh?

Who defending anyone??

More stop and search? That's a can of worms governments and police don't want to touch.

I absolutely agree with this.
Although I will say that there's been a couple of times I've been busy in the shed or the house, pulled my jeans back on to go out after a shower and found my Granda's penknife in my pocket when I reached in for my wallet...

I absolutely agree with this.
Although I will say that there's been a couple of times I've been busy in the shed or the house, pulled my jeans back on to go out after a shower and found my Granda's penknife in my pocket when I reached in for my wallet...
You're allowed a up to a 3 inch blade -I've got one I use on camping trips.

Back