Sri Lanka vs England 1st Test Galle

Status
Not open for further replies.

commentators going way over the top about Lawrence mind

Its good, but its spin from both ends in Sri Lanka

Need to see his technique against Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc

Not knocking the lad at all, just put the breaks on slightly. Looks a good player of spin for sure though
Great to have so many batting options though

absolutely

still feels we are 1 top class top order player short

I think a lot depends on Crawley for me, ithat inninings of his was so so good, if he is anywhere near that good we have a player

Last edited:
commentators going way over the top about Lawrence mind

Its good, but its spin from both ends in Sri Lanka

Need to see his technique against Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc

Not knocking the lad at all, just put the breaks on slightly. Looks a good player of spin for sure though

absolutely

still feels we are 1 top class top order player short

I think a lot depends on Crawley for me, ithat inninings of his was so so good, if he is anywhere near that good we have a player

I agree. Lawrence looks good and can only do it against what is in front of him but it is only the tiniest barometer as to whether he is a test cricketer or not. The Foakes argument used to grate with me when his average of 41 on a couple of flat pitches in Sri lanka and WI were being used as absolute proof he should be in the side ahead of Buttler and Bairstow,

Theres always a chance like it could work, have t see him against a better attack though

Sibley and Burns is an uneasy partnershi for me, its needed at the minute, but long term it seems a bit samey

I agree long term Sibley not for me too limited in his scoring shots good teams will work out where to bowl to him

Lawrence looks very assured but I reckon I could get some runs against this lot.

The pitch is starting to turn more though so this first innings is crucial. If England make 400 they win the game by an innings for me.

I agree. Lawrence looks good and can only do it against what is in front of him but it is only the tiniest barometer as to whether he is a test cricketer or not. The Foakes argument used to grate with me when his average of 41 on a couple of flat pitches in Sri lanka and WI were being used as absolute proof he should be in the side ahead of Buttler and Bairstow,

its one of the quirks of cricket, and why I love it so much, is that conditions dictate everything. This is virtually a different sport to playing in Australia.

Jennings has brilliant 100s in Galle and Mumbai, but you wouldnt take him to Oz in a million years.

Its a disucssion for another day, was more just commenting on the pundits going on about it
I agree long term Sibley not for me too limited in his scoring shots good teams will work out where to bowl to him

See I have a lot more faith in him than Burns

Sibley is limited but he has the temperament to play his way, and is stubbon. My main worry is him against spin

Burns is a bit inbetween, and his technique is so quirky, that if just 1 moving part goes wrong he is in trouble.

He's also an absolutely shite haircut, which counts against him

Last edited:
its one of the quirks of cricket, and why I love it so much, is that conditions dictate everything. This is virtually a different sport to playing in Australia.

Jennings has brilliant 100s in Galle and Mumbai, but you wouldnt take him to Oz in a million years.

Its a disucssion for another day, was more just commenting on the pundits going on about it

See I have a lot more faith in him than Burns

Sibley is limited but he has the temperament to play his way, and is stubbon. My main worry is him against spin

Burns is a bit inbetween, and his technique is so quirky, that if just 1 moving part goes wrong he is in trouble.

He's also an absolutely shite haircut, which counts against him

I got a lot of respect for Burns the way he played against Hazelwood, Cummins etc in the Ashes, Sibley has not had that type of test yet, and the think the Aussies would work him out and give him no or very few scoring opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back