India is impossible without our strongest team and they are both in it

Roots fantastic, good captain, unreal player, lucky to have him

Brilliant test win thst. Should’nt be underestimated

Chuffed for Sibley

Buttler looks really good, he should’nt be missing the next series

bairstow shouldn’t be going home

A combination of a determined England team and a collapse from Sri Lanka, always have faith in the England team.

Credit where credit due for Sibley, been one of his biggest critics, but well done that man.

Buttler is the man for pressure ice in his veins!!!

2 0 victory brilliant performance especially taken into account the alien conditions and lack of preparation.

Best thing of all to see our best batsman back to brilliant form

I really like this England side. I like them as blokes, I like the backbone they have, I like the talent they have, I like the mentality. Proud of these boys.

We criticise when it's earned in terms of performances, but the mentality cannot be faulted.

Brilliant

Brilliant test win thst. Should’nt be underestimated

Chuffed for Sibley

Buttler looks really good, he should’nt be missing the next series

bairstow shouldn’t be going home

Root’s captaincy still got areas to improve but as Nasser just said the importance of his batting outweighs how good he is tactically.
So important he’s in good form, he gets big runs and we could have a very good year.
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t have a problem with Buttler and Bairstow missing parts of the India tour.
For me it’s really important Foakes gets a chance now and I’d much prefer the other two got a rest and weren’t burnt out by all the cricket this year. T20 WC, IPL, India home & away and now NZ, lots of cricket to be played and for me most important thing is they’re ready and firing for the Ashes.
Not sure who’s playing what but I’d have given them two Tests each in India.

Root’s captaincy still got areas to improve but as Nasser just said the importance of his batting outweighs how good he is tactically.
So important he’s in good form, he gets big runs and we could have a very good year.
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t have a problem with Buttler and Bairstow missing parts of the India tour.
For me it’s really important Foakes gets a chance now and I’d much prefer the other two got a rest and weren’t burnt out by all the cricket this year. T20 WC, IPL, India home & away and now NZ, lots of cricket to be played and for me most important thing is they’re ready and firing for the Ashes.
Not sure who’s playing what but I’d have given them two Tests each in India.
As it stands it's Buttler with the gloves test 1. Foakes 2nd test , then anybody's guess for 3 and 4 if they bring Jonny back in.

Albeit imagine Jonny would be back in as batsman only.

As it stands it's Buttler with the gloves test 1. Foakes 2nd test , then anybody's guess for 3 and 4 if they bring Jonny back in.

Albeit imagine Jonny would be back in as batsman only.
Cheers, seems unclear and they’ve made it unnecessarily complicated, but I have sympathy with the players being in bubbles etc and how hard that must be and as I say I’d rather they weren’t burnt out. Equally, not sure I’m that keen on the idea of them getting on a plane and flying back here, potentially being exposed either.

Cheers, seems unclear and they’ve made it unnecessarily complicated, but I have sympathy with the players being in bubbles etc and how hard that must be and as I say I’d rather they weren’t burnt out. Equally, not sure I’m that keen on the idea of them getting on a plane and flying back here, potentially being exposed either.
Well buttler is coming back for the ipl....think id rather he played this series over the ipl

Said like someone who doesn't understand the idiosyncrasies of test cricket. I do agree their field placings were abysmal like.
Hi Mate who are you to judge me about my knowledge and understanding of test cricket?
Just that in my opinion God bless him Dom Sibley by comparison looking back makes players of the ilk of Ken Barrington and David Steele look like masters of superb cricketing stroke play and both of those players are far better openers than Dom Sibley will ever be.
In my opinion of course
I agree he was successful today but he easily could have been out more than once early in his innings
It is true to say that different folk prefer different players irrespective of their qualities or not and I will hold my hand up and say I don’t fancy him long term as an England player
History may prove me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back