Spurs v Mutants kick off 2005 BBC one

Darren Gough was on the radio earlier saying the Boro fans will have had a great day as it's the best stadium in the world and they saw 3 goals "and that's what you go to football for". I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed Tottenham's 2.
The man is an utter weapon.

Simply cannot listen to that f***ing moron.

Darren Gough was on the radio earlier saying the Boro fans will have had a great day as it's the best stadium in the world and they saw 3 goals "and that's what you go to football for". I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed Tottenham's 2.

Probably just doing what he's expected to with Talk Sport, says things to get people riled and call in etc.

I went to watch England v Australia at CLS many moons ago, afterwards me and a couple mates ended up on a min pub crawl with him & Kevin Pieterson in Durham. Goughy was class, no billy big balls considering his stature in the game, really down to earth, just doing rounds and having a good laugh with us. KP was a right boring bastard, he spent most the time fending off endless bart off like, so his mind was probably elsewhere.

My claim to fame, Goughy bought me a Flaming Sambuca :lol:

Last edited:

Well I didn't enjoy having to have my ticket scanned 3 times before getting into the stadium, or getting wet with the rain despite being sat on row 7.

The stadium's very pleasing on the eye but the infrastructure leaves a lot to be desired. The concourse was surprisingly small - you can imagine how crammed it was at half-time.

As thick as pigshit and loves talking about himself anarl😀

within a minute I once heard him say what a fabulous cricketer/footballer/husband/dad he is.

Hes a f***ing arsehole.
Well I didn't enjoy having to have my ticket scanned 3 times before getting into the stadium, or getting wet with the rain despite being sat on row 7.

The stadium's very pleasing on the eye but the infrastructure leaves a lot to be desired. The concourse was surprisingly small - you can imagine how crammed it was at half-time.

Aye?
Was expecting it to be fantastic.
Hopefully do that n the emirates in the 2030s where were back in the top flight.

Last edited:
within a minute I once heard him say what a fabulous cricketer/footballer/husband/dad he is.

Hes a f***ing arsehole.

Aye?
Was expecting it to be fantastic.
Hopefully do that n the emirates in the 2030s where were back in the top flight.

It is impressive but was very surprised at the size of the concourse.

Obviously the positives far outweigh the negatives. I loved the fact they have safe standing.

Tickets scanned 3 times before we got to our seats then checked on the stairs . The stadium looks magnificent but the concourse were dangerous. Crammed in and the flooring is so slippy when its wet , saw 3 people go over.
Few people were pissed off due to there not being a where to spend cash. All the shop and fan areas are cashless as are the bars.
Good day out and we played well 2nd half. Poor mistakes for the 2 goals.

It is impressive but was very surprised at the size of the concourse.

Obviously the positives far outweigh the negatives. I loved the fact they have safe standing.

Safe standing? I thought that wasn't allowed? I thought you could only stand dangerously, hence why I carry a fold up chair with me everywhere I go.

How was it in comparison to other newer stadiums mate - The Emirates and Etihad etc? I thought both of those were good.

Safe standing? I thought that wasn't allowed? I thought you could only stand dangerously, hence why I carry a fold up chair with me everywhere I go.

They have handrails. Not technically safe standing but close enough ;)

Logon or register to see this image

How was it in comparison to other newer stadiums mate - The Emirates and Etihad etc? I thought both of those were good.

I haven't been to those stadiums so can't compare.

Back