Sporting Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we are starting to lose track of what the suggested position would be. It would be for Sporting Director and not manager

Yes I know, a position I believe he's never held? He hardly comes across great in interviews does he? He lives in Teesside, a job like this would suit him more than it would suit us imo. Much like signing Danny Graham who wanted to return back to the North East and focus on his clothing brand...

Zlatan. Player/Sporting Director

Seriously though it would be interesting to know the job description. Is it a support and youth development kinda role or a 100% total control he’s your players Head Coach now coach then kinda deal.

I haven’t heard anything about such a role which would surprise me if a number of the candidates were English or based in England. These things have a habit of getting about.

Sounds very positive and proactive if they are at the recruitment stage when the takeover is at least a fortnight away supposedly.

I dont think SM football knowledge has ever been in doubt. Hes spoken of really highly by players as a coach. I think as a manager is where he comes unstuck. Im saying that and he's still achieved as a manager, but i definitely wouldn't want him in that role. I couldn't take him seriously as a manager, i perceive him to be a bit david brent. Could he be decent as a DoF? Possibly yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back