Sport England

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interview they used an example of a sport ( I can not recall which sport) they were unhappy with a few years ago and cut their funding to force the governing body to look at again at what they were doing. That sport changed its focus and this time arround it has a large increase. So Sport England could well be putting a shot across the bow of the ECB to get therm to change what they are doing.

The funding which is there is for community clubs, if this is the same thing as a few years ago it will mean that clubs who invest in coaching and develop links with the community and schools should find that they can apply and get funding to improve facilities, such as new pitchs out door nets and improvement to club houses. If you are thinking about that sort of bid you need to get your community links sorted and evidenced ASAP.

Hopefully this means that the money they do give out is to properly run clubs and it may just force a couple to change how they are run.

Fingers crossed for our clubs bid then :cool:

Hopefully this means that the money they do give out is to properly run clubs and it may just force a couple to change how they are run.

Fingers crossed for our clubs bid then :cool:

Well from what I have seen you seem to be going about things in the right way upto now over at Littletown

Well from what I have seen you seem to be going about things in the right way upto now over at Littletown

until I negotiate my contract :)

Seriously though, I've never really understood why clubs below the top level of local leagues ever needed to employ a pro. Horden paying out £10k on Parry or Khan to win £250 as winners of the DSL - if they are lucky and not beaten by someone paying a similar amount.

The coast league was even worse, when you had the likes of Houghton paying virtually everyone in 1991 and then going bust a few years later. Bringing in the mercenaries who were doing the rounds at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back