Spinners for SL

TheRey

Winger
Do we and try and convince Moeen to come back and put the whites on again?

Personally, whilst I don't think he's necessarily a Test player, I do believe in horses for courses - so I'd be asking Adil Rashid if he fancies to head over.

Bess a certainty? What if Leachy is still unwell?

Personally feel our spin department as it stands is weaker than 18 months ago.

Do we and try and convince Moeen to come back and put the whites on again?

Personally, whilst I don't think he's necessarily a Test player, I do believe in horses for courses - so I'd be asking Adil Rashid if he fancies to head over.

Bess a certainty? What if Leachy is still unwell?

Personally feel our spin department as it stands is weaker than 18 months ago.

It's a definite worry the lack of quality spinners in this country imo.

Wouldn’t bother with Moeen personally, his recent interview gave me the impression he isn’t mentally ready for an England return and to be totally honest he can’t be picked on form, or lack of.

Leach, Bess and a phonecall to Rashid to see if he fancies it. I wouldn’t be too sad to see Root as a third spinner tbh. SL are nowhere near the batting side they were 5 years ago.

The story is Parkinson got absolutely hammered about in the nets and is unlikely to get picked. For me it would be Bess, Leach (if fit), Ali and Rashid in the squad. If we use Joe Denly as a bowler I frigging despair

It's a definite worry the lack of quality spinners in this country imo.
Better than it's been for donkeys though.

Moeen,Bess,Leach,Rashid,Parkinson,Virdi

The options after the most experienced in moeen/rash is better than dawson,batty,ansari

then prior to that we tried crane,kerrigan
Least the former of those is 22 and could still get better
I suppose though it is bad than Harmer,Patel and Maharaj were all the leading spinners in county cricket. But then they are all experienced at their craft.

Last edited:
Better than it's been for donkeys though.

Moeen,Bess,Leach,Rashid,Parkinson,Virdi

The options after the most experienced in moeen/rash is better than dawson,batty,ansari

then prior to that we tried crane,kerrigan
Least the former of those is 22 and could still get better
I suppose though it is bad than Harmer,Patel and Maharaj were all the leading spinners in county cricket. But then they are all experienced at their craft.

More options for sure but still lacking quality imo

More options for sure but still lacking quality imo
True enough.

Mind looking through the counties to see if I missed any English up and coming spinners.

At Notts we have 21 year old Liam Patterson-White 20 wickets at 21.00. He's from Sunderland @brandon @The Red Telephone @GordonMuchallNo1Fan did Durham miss out on him.

I also forgot to mention 19 year old Qadri at Derbyshire. So with these two Bess,Parkinson,Virdi. At least we have 5 spinning options 23 and under that have something about them as all averaged 20 odd in 2019.

We also have Crane,Trevaskis and Critchley but they all had very poor seasons with the ball.

Back