Spiderman: Miles Morales

Repeated fun fact: one of my mates is responsible for designing the faces of the main characters in the Spiderman games. Been taking a lot of flak recently for the updated Parker face. :lol:

Are they trying to make him look more like Tom Holland?
They said it's to more match the voice actor so facial capture is easier, I call bullshit.
He said (after I asked if he was responsible for the new face):

'Yup. Tell everyone they can blame me. I went rogue because I'm a Tom Holland stan.

It was outlined in the announcement post, but a lot of people just aren't believing it :p but they kinda maybe made it a bit too vague for the layman. It was basically a technical decision where the old face model had a pretty drastically different type of face (bigger eyes, lips and eyebrows) than our voice actor who drives the face via performance capture, making a lot of things that looked charming on our voice actor's face just looked weird on the old model's face in first passes. So we went over to Britain to find a new guy with our actor's thinner eyebrows, lips and smaller eyes 🇬🇧. He actually lives in New York I think, but he's British.

But new face means animation won't require double work to get things to the point of passable which means that work instead goes to making things great :)'

The original has been on my list for PS4 - might wait until i pick up a PS5 next year.
Part of the reason I'm going to hold on is that you can get a remastered version of the original with Miles Morales, wouldn't mind playing through it again with a better frame rate, resolution etc

Part of the reason I'm going to hold on is that you can get a remastered version of the original with Miles Morales, wouldn't mind playing through it again with a better frame rate, resolution etc
I'm hanging on for GT 7 to be released before I buy a PS5 - Although with their track record that could end up being in 5 years time!

No Mans Sky is a free upgrade on PS5 so another reason to buy one. Doubt there'll be any stock for a few months at least anyway.

Just finished it, If I had to give insomniac one thing from this, it's superbly put together, a few jarring bits but the flow is almost seamless.
As with the original, it genuinely feels like a film at times.

Really enjoyed it given the expectations of 'more of the same with another bloke'

Just finished it, If I had to give insomniac one thing from this, it's superbly put together, a few jarring bits but the flow is almost seamless.
As with the original, it genuinely feels like a film at times.

Really enjoyed it given the expectations of 'more of the same with another bloke'
How long did it take you to complete it?

Back