Spider-Man 2

fanny about :confused: played cyberpunk with the disk on ps5 and never once heard the drive.
Aye if you wanna keep swapping between games you’ve gotta mess on swapping discs. Proper old school, much easier to download and play on demand.

Ps. The comment about the disc drives was from early reports; I’ve never actually used any discs so could be sorted now?
I must have been quite lucky as mine's pretty much silent.

Can't say I've thought something as simple as inserting and ejecting a disc being much of a chore like. Plus you have soment to sell when you get bored of it.

I flick between games when i get bored, so just a chew on constantly changing. Good call about selling on, it’s hitting my wallet for sure; but i’m all about the convenience (lazy!)

Last edited:

I bought the digital only by choice. Haven’t bought a disc for years on the PS4. PSN has great sales and like I said above use a US account and you’re getting savings straight off on new games.

This.

The argument about being ripped off digitally is absolute nonsense. They have sales all the time, and if you wait six months, the new releases drop in price anyway.

Also, call me crazy and that, but I have no issue supporting the developers who make these amazing games. Experiences like Spider-Man, Last of Us, Uncharted, GTA, Witcher and on and on and on cost hundreds of millions to make. If you want something to stick around, surely you don't mind supporting it. The developer gets a bigger cut from a digital sale too, no physical media to be made and printed, no store taking a cut.

This.

The argument about being ripped off digitally is absolute nonsense. They have sales all the time, and if you wait six months, the new releases drop in price anyway.

Also, call me crazy and that, but I have no issue supporting the developers who make these amazing games. Experiences like Spider-Man, Last of Us, Uncharted, GTA, Witcher and on and on and on cost hundreds of millions to make. If you want something to stick around, surely you don't mind supporting it. The developer gets a bigger cut from a digital sale too, no physical media to be made and printed, no store taking a cut.

Well it's not nonsense is it, PSN store games on average have always been more expensive, I mean its kind of the deal Sony/Mirosoft have made with retailers otherwise they wouldn't bother to stock them. Plus you have retail competition, stores battling against each other. Sure, that brand new game might be £70 now but in a fortnight/month those physical prices start dwindling whereas on PSN it'll stay £70 for far, far longer. And now, because you don't have any other option but to get it digitally, you're pushed into a corner to buy it at whatever price they want to charge as they no longer have to compete with retailers. It's still early days though, we've yet to see how it'll pan out.

No store taking a cut? You not think Sony/Microsoft don't take a huge cut from digital sales and even just hosting the thing in the first place?

The whole sale/wait six months and it's discounted thing doesn't cut it with me. It's like saying that that £90 England Nike home shirt isn't a rip off because it'll be reduced to £30 next year.
But yeah, anyway, Spider-Man 2...

Last edited:
Well it's not nonsense is it, PSN store games on average have always been more expensive, I mean its kind of the deal Sony/Mirosoft have made with retailers otherwise they wouldn't bother to stock them. Plus you have retail competition, stores battling against each other. Sure, that brand new game might be £70 now but in a fortnight/month those physical prices start dwindling whereas on PSN it'll stay £70 for far, far longer. And now, because you don't have any other option but to get it digitally, you're pushed into a corner to buy it at whatever price they want to charge as they no longer have to compete with retailers. It's still early days though, we've yet to see how it'll pan out.

No store taking a cut? You not think Sony/Microsoft don't take a huge cut from digital sales and even just hosting the thing in the first place?

The whole sale/wait six months and it's discounted thing doesn't cut it with me. It's like saying that that £90 England Nike home shirt isn't a rip off because it'll be reduced to £30 next year.
But yeah, anyway, Spider-Man 2...
They don't need to add taking a cut. They'll just absorb the cut the brick and mortar store would ordinarily take. Plus their profit margin for the game being on their system. They make the cut from the developers too 'you want to put a game on our system? Money please'

Of course they make more money from digital sales. And why shouldn't they? They lose profit margin on physical sales. All the best to them I say. They hurl millions into these consoles, software environments, dev kits, assisting developers and actually making games.

PC games edged towards digital only years ago. The prices on PC if anything have reduced over time.

Personally, I have zero issue paying full price to support the hardware manufacturers and developers. More than happy to pay the $125 Aussie that Spider-Man 2 will be at launch. For the hours of entertainment these games provide it is a very cheap entry.

I appreciate people who have less disposable cash want games as cheap as possible. They shouldn't miss out. Most folks I know like that wait until the end of hardware cycles and get cheaper hardware and games. And again, good luck to them. They shouldn't miss out on an amazing hobby/experience.

They don't need to add taking a cut. They'll just absorb the cut the brick and mortar store would ordinarily take. Plus their profit margin for the game being on their system. They make the cut from the developers too 'you want to put a game on our system? Money please'

Of course they make more money from digital sales. And why shouldn't they? They lose profit margin on physical sales. All the best to them I say. They hurl millions into these consoles, software environments, dev kits, assisting developers and actually making games.

PC games edged towards digital only years ago. The prices on PC if anything have reduced over time.

Personally, I have zero issue paying full price to support the hardware manufacturers and developers. More than happy to pay the $125 Aussie that Spider-Man 2 will be at launch. For the hours of entertainment these games provide it is a very cheap entry.

I appreciate people who have less disposable cash want games as cheap as possible. They shouldn't miss out. Most folks I know like that wait until the end of hardware cycles and get cheaper hardware and games. And again, good luck to them. They shouldn't miss out on an amazing hobby/experience.

The prices are reasonable on the PC because there's a variety of companies hosting them and therefore competing against each other. PSN for digital PS5s has no-one to compete with. But, as I say, we'll see how that pans out. What could combat that is other retailers battling against each with discounted PSN credit and from a personal view - worldwide, dodging the system, PSN stores, something I doubt Sony and games publishers want you to do.

You clearly have a less cynical view when it comes to developers and supporting them than I do. Whereby I'm all for supporting the small developers with indie games and knowing how much they've put into it my overall standing tends to switch towards the likes of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, the giants and turds of the gaming world where trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of people is their primary goal with top quality games and consumer relations being a distant second. Don't get me wrong, of course businesses are there to primarily make money but they do it in such a seedy shitty way that it's difficult to go, "Your game's pretty decent, take my money. And take some more. A loot box you say? Oo have some more."
For every Witcher 3 there's about ten FIFA and CODs copying and pasting their way to millions whilst paying their employees peanuts in comparison and running them into the ground. It's difficult, for me, to be wanting to support that.

Last edited:
The prices are reasonable on the PC because there's a variety of companies hosting them and therefore competing against each other. PSN for digital PS5s has no-one to compete with. But, as I say, we'll see how that pans out. What could combat that is other retailers battling against each with discounted PSN credit and from a personal view - worldwide, dodging the system, PSN stores, something I doubt Sony and games publishers want you to do.

You clearly have a less cynical view when it comes to developers and supporting them than I do. Whereby I'm all for supporting the small developers with indie games and knowing how much they've put into it my overall standing tends to switch towards the likes of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, the giants and turds of the gaming world where trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of people is their primary goal with top quality games and consumer relations being a distant second. Don't get me wrong, of course businesses are there to primarily make money but they do it in such a seedy shitty way that it's difficult to go, "Your game's pretty decent, take my money. And take some more. A loot box you say? Oo have some more."
For every Witcher 3 there's about ten FIFA and CODs copying and pasting their way to millions whilst paying their employees peanuts in comparison and running them into the ground. It's difficult, for me, to be wanting to support that.

Well now we're moving into shifty developer territory. I've got no time for awful developer tactics. EA have been voted the worst company in the world for many years for very good reasons. Personally I try to avoid all EA games, if I do have an interest in a game from them I try to get it from Game Pass on PC.

Lootboxes are abhorrent and games like Fortnite make me cringe. I want to support studios I like. CDPR, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Indies and so on. I try very hard to avoid supporting crappy developers and companies (I refuse to install the Epic PC launcher even though they offer a bunch of free games) because of their super shady practices.

Happy to support developers of quality games who don't shaft their staff or customers. The EAs and Activision's of the world can f**k off

Finally got around to finishing God of War ragnarok in last night, what a game, hoping for the same from this, just had an opening fight with Sandman, it looks amazing!

Was going to get this today but just seen that the main story is only 10 hours or so and all the side content only takes you to 40 hours. Not paying £70 for that. Will wait for a sale.

Was going to get this today but just seen that the main story is only 10 hours or so and all the side content only takes you to 40 hours. Not paying £70 for that. Will wait for a sale.

£57 at argos with email , Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5 Game (Possible £5 off for Marketing emails sign up) - Free C&C

i got that Super Mario Bros. Wonder ( Ryujinx) to play and others and didn't even finish 1st one / pc one , so no rush(maybe black friday) and someone said it just more of the same.

Back