Spennyoor CC

I've been down there from 8-10 and the whole clubhouse has been burnt to the ground. There are some very upset, tough men down there who have been at the club for years. Lots of work to be done to get us up and running again but we have the manpower to do it.

Any idea what caused it?

Someone has broken in through a side gate. Probably kids as the ground has been vandalised in a couple if occasions recently. The 1sts are now off tomorrow, emotions were running too high to try and find an alternative venue. 2nds will go to Eryholme (wherever that is) as planned.

Of course the irony of it is, if we had played yesterday, none of this would have happened.

Last edited:
Someone has broken in through a side gate. Probably kids as the ground has been vandalised in a couple if occasions recently. The 1sts are now off tomorrow, emotions were running too high to try and find an alternative venue. 2nds will go to Eryholme (wherever that is) as planned.

Of course the irony of it is, if we had played yesterday, none of this would have happened.

Bastards.

There will be a police investigation and we'll see what comes of that. 2nds are playing Saturday's home match at Witton-le-Wear and we're working on getting things put right to get facilities put in plave at SCC.

An update on the rebuilding of our pavilion... We had our EGM tonight with a huge turnout. The insurance claim has gone in, we are also applying to the Town Council for a grant. There will be a raffle at the Spennymoor v Hartlepool football friendly next Saturday with some excellent prizes donated by us and several local businesses, the Town Clerk Office's staff are selling tickets. Pubs in the town now have collection buckets in them. Golf rounds have been raffled, thanks to many local golf clubs. Local cricket clubs have been excellent in offering support and equipment. Hunwick, Darlington and Tudhoe are doing raffles (apologies if I've missed any). Its quite humbling how the town and the local cricket community have come to our aid. I will offer apologies in advance for when our brilliant team and clubhouse are the envy of the North East .

An update on the rebuilding of our pavilion... We had our EGM tonight with a huge turnout. The insurance claim has gone in, we are also applying to the Town Council for a grant. There will be a raffle at the Spennymoor v Hartlepool football friendly next Saturday with some excellent prizes donated by us and several local businesses, the Town Clerk Office's staff are selling tickets. Pubs in the town now have collection buckets in them. Golf rounds have been raffled, thanks to many local golf clubs. Local cricket clubs have been excellent in offering support and equipment. Hunwick, Darlington and Tudhoe are doing raffles (apologies if I've missed any). Its quite humbling how the town and the local cricket community have come to our aid. I will offer apologies in advance for when our brilliant team and clubhouse are the envy of the North East .

Great to hear fella.

I'm not affiliated to any cricket club marra but will gladly make a small contribution to your rebuilding fund, or buy raffle tickets if you can point me to where?

Back