Speed cameras on A19 till you join the A1 when we play away !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFC1962

Winger
I'm not a 90mph + merchant, and quite often drive to away matches. The A19 (after smogsville) ticks along quite nicely at about 80. I think yesterday was the 6th time this season that one of these camera vans has been lurking in a 30 mile stretch. There are far worse roads in North Yorkshire, I have a feeling that when deciding where to park up they look at where we're playing................
I know some will take a view on anyone exceeding 70 etc etc, but what's the odds on one of the buggers working overtime on Easter Monday?
The biggest danger yesterday was everyone braking just after the York A19 turn-off!

They are on that stretch of the A19 all the time also just south of boro on a bridge on a downhill section.

Always there. Especially on a weekend....but just stick to 70 like the law says? Otherwise you should do a speed awareness course and learn about the hazards which relate to exceeding the speed limit.

I'm not a 90mph + merchant, and quite often drive to away matches. The A19 (after smogsville) ticks along quite nicely at about 80. I think yesterday was the 6th time this season that one of these camera vans has been lurking in a 30 mile stretch. There are far worse roads in North Yorkshire, I have a feeling that when deciding where to park up they look at where we're playing................
I know some will take a view on anyone exceeding 70 etc etc, but what's the odds on one of the buggers working overtime on Easter Monday?
The biggest danger yesterday was everyone braking just after the York A19 turn-off!
Can I make a suggestion. Now this might sound ludicrous, but how about keeping your eyes peeled?

North Yorks police love a mobile camera on
a sunny day. Always stick my in car gadgets on as precaution in case my foot slips ;)

Always there. Especially on a weekend....but just stick to 70 like the law says? Otherwise you should do a speed awareness course and learn about the hazards which relate to exceeding the speed limit.
This

They have had one there for years on numerous occasions I have driven up to the game

Unless you’re going at ridiculous speeds then there’s no time element to save.

After 4 hours at 70 you’ll have done 280 miles. At 75 you’ll have done 300. It would take 17 minutes longer to get there at the speed limit than if you’re going 75.

I've seen them on the A19 on a Friday night when I've been making my way up somewhere after Northallerton and before Boro - nothing to see here. North Yorkshire is absolutely f***ing littered with those vans everywhere, I drive around ares in North Yorkshire most work days.

Just keep to the speed limits then, hope anyone doing 80 gets a ticket. Speed kills, I lost a mate in a crash where the other car was speeding
Was the other car doing 80? To be honest I think the legal limit on a motorway should be raised to 80

They're always there. Usually on the A19 on a weekend. Sometimes they even like to go on the A1 as well.

Evening ociffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back