Speakman

No it isn’t you are correct, however they haven’t exactly replaced both of them, after all it’s 27 days into January and so far..

He has not got everything right but who does?

Stewart left on deadline day so not really had the chance to replace him

None bar Hemir had a pre season with us so I will cut Speakman some slack on that

None bar Hemir had a pre season with us so I will cut Speakman some slack on that
I reckon if Hemir or Rusyn had the same opportunity Burstow had they would have scored goals

Iirc it simply referred to "sources".

Found it.

"Sources have strenuously denied suggestions that Sporting Director Kristjaan Speakman has or will in future benefit from financially Jude Bellingham's transfer to Birmingham City last summer.
A report this morning claimed that Speakman, who was appointed to his new role in December of last year, had either received or was due to receive a six-figure windfall as a result. Sources have told The Echo today that these claims are entirely without foundation and that there was no financial incentive in the deal for Speakman."

One promotion
One play off
Half way through the next season. If we fall short this season I think they have earned our support to see what happens next season.
We got promoted via a play off final after sacking another useless waffler and just scrapped through. And lets be honest we were also lucky as hell to get into the playoffs last season only because Blackburn did us a massive favour..

Last edited:

And Evans ? We could replace him with MVila if they wanted to, free transfer as well, Stewart I will grant you, however the general point I would say is, in the summer they could if they wanted to have gone for a striker with more experience of the English game.

We got promoted via a play off final after sacking another useless waffler and just scrapped through. And lets be honest we were also lucky as hell to get into the playoffs last season only because Blackburn did us a massive favour..
And ?
Does that mean the improvement in the team hasn't been very good and we would have been shit and relegated except for luck and other teams doing us a favour ?

We have improved massively in such a short time. Mistakes have been made and some fans want our transfer policy to go in another way - but the point still stands - we have improved , and the vitriol towards KLD and KS cos they're not doing what some think they should is like babies throwing their toys out of the pram.

We might regress this season - been big changes and our 4 strikers have been a miss - I think they deserve our backing and see what happens next season.

And ?
Does that mean the improvement in the team hasn't been very good and we would have been shit and relegated except for luck and other teams doing us a favour ?

We have improved massively in such a short time. Mistakes have been made and some fans want our transfer policy to go in another way - but the point still stands - we have improved , and the vitriol towards KLD and KS cos they're not doing what some think they should is like babies throwing their toys out of the pram.

We might regress this season - been big changes and our 4 strikers have been a miss - I think they deserve our backing and see what happens next season.
Do you honestly believe we have improved our playing squad this season ?

Iirc it simply referred to "sources".

Found it.

"Sources have strenuously denied suggestions that Sporting Director Kristjaan Speakman has or will in future benefit from financially Jude Bellingham's transfer to Birmingham City last summer.
A report this morning claimed that Speakman, who was appointed to his new role in December of last year, had either received or was due to receive a six-figure windfall as a result. Sources have told The Echo today that these claims are entirely without foundation and that there was no financial incentive in the deal for Speakman."
The fact fans still regurgitate this rubbish shows the level of dislike against KS.
Was a shining light in the club last season and deserved the plaudits he got.

However. the last 12-18 month he has been the biggest problem in the club. Very poor recruitment over that period. Not rectifying clear and obvious issues in striker and central midfield positions. Clearly having too much say in the team sheet, sacking Mowbray too quick then bringing in Beale. Very poor transfer window so far and is making excuses.
He bought in 4 poor strikers.
In the last two windows he's brought in ekwah and Bellingham
Both look like they will be very good players and will benefit us massively in the coming years.
It's not very poor.
Do you honestly believe we have improved our playing squad this season ?
No.
But I'm not that impatient.
I can see a long term plan

The fact fans still regurgitate this rubbish shows the level of dislike against KS.

Both look like they will be very good players and will benefit us massively in the coming years.
It's not very poor.

No.
What part of the plan is it to regress?

So we both agree that we have a weaker squad this season, yet your implying I'm being impatient ? I can't see where the whole club has improved tbh. The stadium is run down and I won't even mention the off field shit show this group of owners have put us in as its totally embarrassing..
The stadium is KS fault now is it ?

It's always going to be more or less impossible to replace amad and RS. Stewart was one of the best strikers in the league and amad the best player (imo), so yes, the team was always going to be weaker.

We can have some players who don't work out instantly you know? The 4 strikers have been such a let down though.
Let's hope they improve next season.

It's not very poor.

No.
I think you can include Seelt in that. In my opinion he will be an excellent signing

It's always going to be more or less impossible to replace amad and RS. Stewart was one of the best strikers in the league and amad the best player (imo), so yes, the team was always going to be weaker.

We can have some players who don't work out instantly you know? The 4 strikers have been such a let down though.
So recruitment has gone backwards under Speakman in the last year

Last edited:

Stewart didn't exactly hit the ground running here and remember he replaced Wyke who was awful for 2 seasons before his McGeady inspired scoring run
So recruitment has gone backwards under Speakman in the last year
I know the question isn't to me but my answer would be it's too early to tell. See my post about Stewart and Wyke

He owns the club of course its his fault, just like everything else that's now broken within the club...

And its KLD and Speakmans job to make us stronger season on season...

Stewart didn't exactly hit the ground running here and remember he replaced Wyke who was awful for 2 seasons before his McGeady inspired scoring run

I know the question isn't to me but my answer would be it's too early to tell. See my post about Stewart and Wyke
Over half the season has gone, and your ridiculous comparison with Stewart is that he was injured when we signed him, when fit he showed in a couple of games how he would be an asset to the team , not just scoring goals , but with his hold up play and helping out against set pieces, which none of our strikers have the capability of doing.

Back