SpaceX are going for it

Wet dress rehearsal is everything loaded on the spacecraft, and they countdown but don’t ignite the engines, it’s the last big test before they fire the 33 raptor engines in the next few days, then if all goes well they launch the sucker for one orbit

Full 33 engine static fire will be sometime in the next couple of hours. It's the most powerful rocket in history and this is the last step before they go for the orbital test, likely next month all being well with this test.

Looking at next week for the first test launch. Rocket is ready, just waiting FAA approval. I think if it gets to orbit that will be a success. I think there is a less than 1% chance the heat shielding works and the ship gets back down to a controlled splashdown

a lot of work has gone into this animation of what the outcome is probably going to be, though I think the booster is going in the water rather than risking the launch pad.
edit, It's also not going to be putting any starlink sats out, that door was welded up a few months ago.

Last edited:
Looking at next week for the first test launch. Rocket is ready, just waiting FAA approval. I think if it gets to orbit that will be a success. I think there is a less than 1% chance the heat shielding works and the ship gets back down to a controlled splashdown

a lot of work has gone into this animation of what the outcome is probably going to be, though I think the booster is going in the water rather than risking the launch pad.
edit, It's also not going to be putting any starlink sats out, that door was welded up a few months ago.

FAA approval in place. First window from midday uk time

I’d be very surprised if it goes up first or even second attempt

Back