Southgate doing a Capello

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cosmos Rocks

Telling Defoe to move if he wants to play for England (if we get relegated).

The way the FA treats our Club is disgusting like.

Pleased I coudnt give a flying fook about the national side.

Last edited:

Telling Defoe to move if he wants to play for England (if we get relegated).

The way the FA treats our Club is disgusting like.

Pleased I coudnt give a flying fook about the national side.
Did you see Southgates interview on that subject......Danced to Question about scoring goals in the PL

He's still capable of playing at the very top and could quite easily walk into the majority of PL sides

Big difference telling someone they won't be picked if they're not playing in the premier league than saying they won't be picked if they play for Sunderland
I generally dont mind Southgate...I think he will prove to be a rubbish England manager as he hasnt set the world on fire in his previous positions but he appears a decent bloke.

He just didnt need to answer the question...I think he knows Defoe plays for Sunderland mate even by default he is telling him to move.

Given that the FA have played a major role in Sunderland's current position through mishandling the Allardyce appointment and their major unsettling of Darren Bent and subsequent transfer request Southgate should have handled this a hell of a lot better.

Big difference telling someone they won't be picked if they're not playing in the premier league than saying they won't be picked if they play for Sunderland
This, making a fuss over nothing this. Of course we should be looking to pick players who are playing at the highest level.

He's already scored plenty of goals at the highest level. Why is that not good enough for the England manager should he decide to stay ??

Spot on...whilst playing for uswas picked and we are bottom of league. Southgate saying he wants his England players in the Premiership....fair enough imho

This is the longest period of mourning the SMB will have ever had.

It has been about 2 months already.

Completely different situation, we are fucked this season and are down, Bent was in a team that finished mid table and was full of promise and had no reason to leave.

Completely different situation, we are fucked this season and are down, Bent was in a team that finished mid table and was full of promise and had no reason to leave.
Dont disagree and I wouldnt blame Defoe for leaving as when he looks at the good number of unfit and uncommited players we have at the Club who wouldnt be depressed.

I just think Southgate could have handled the question better given the recent history between the FA and Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back