South Northumberland CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maghater

Striker
Got next weekend off, thought about going to watch some cricket, bit peeved to find Durham actually playing a home match away. Anyone know what the facilities, car parking etc. are like. thanks

Here we go

I love a discussion anout the ancient county borders and how it’s immoral to play outside of them #forthenorth :rolleyes::lol:

Got next weekend off, thought about going to watch some cricket, bit peeved to find Durham actually playing a home match away. Anyone know what the facilities, car parking etc. are like. thanks

i parked a 10 minute walk away, there are streets nearer that i saw as i walked but when i was driving everywhere seemed to be permit only so i ended up parked betwen some allotments and an industial estate iirc.

not too much hassle but sod carrying a chair all that way so i ended up standing the whole time, i imagine if you get there early you'll get one of th benches but i had work that day so arrived half way through. it's not a bad place to watch cricket tbf, i like cricket at outgrounds, just a shame it's immoral to play outside of ancient county borders

, just a shame it's immoral to play outside of ancient county borders
I don't think it's immoral, I just don't understand why we play a game in Newcastle/Gosforth when we have a perfectly serviceable ground in which to play, a ground at which I expected to be watching Durham in all *home* fixtures this season.

Hell of a lot more people live in Newcastle than Chester le Street. Riverside was hardly packed out on a sunny day for a match against our closest rivals. Don t agree with it myself, but I suppose the argument is we must compete against clubs based in highly populated areas such as Leeds, Manchester, Brum, London etc. Bottom line is the Riverside was built in the wrong place.

I don't think it's immoral, I just don't understand why we play a game in Newcastle/Gosforth when we have a perfectly serviceable ground in which to play, a ground at which I expected to be watching Durham in all *home* fixtures this season.
Festival cricket is very popular around the country.

Arundel, Southport and Scarbados.

It spreads the message and bring in the crowds.

If only there was somewhere more suitable - I don't mean a mile or two further south on the other side of the river just somewhere with more space available for other attractions to make it more of an event.

If Arundel can make a success of it why does it have to be in a City Centre? Just somewhere picturesque.

Ideal to have a week in Durham City, get the posh boys in there spending mummy and daddy's tax fiddle. But I assume the host club has to want it.

Big enough car park at Gosforth school’s sports centre. Five minute walk.

Club puts a bus on, was £4 for members, free parking inside the ground. Will probably be spaces left but might be a few quid more for non members

Looking at the forecast, don't think I can be arsed. 12 degrees, 50/60% chance of rain, 60 miles in the car, bring my own chair and probably watch Pringle opening the batting whilst we chase about 350. Decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back