South Korea closes schools

You were the one who started the questions.
You were the one who started to deflect. It's there in the earlier posts, Harry. You only advocate the death of others because you feel your family is invulnerable. Hope your confidence isn't misplaced if it comes down to it. Anyway, Len and co. have voted us off so we should vacate the dancefloor.

You were the one who started to deflect. It's there in the earlier posts, Harry. You only advocate the death of others because you feel your family is invulnerable. Hope your confidence isn't misplaced if it comes down to it. Anyway, Len and co. have voted us off so we should vacate the dancefloor.
Started to deflect? You came out with a daft question.

Would you kill your child to save a few million others? Er no.

Would you take the chance of Covid being over if one child in the world somewhere had to die? Er yes.

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

Started to deflect? You came out with a daft question.

Would you kill your child to save a few million others? Er no.

Would you take the chance of Covid being over if one child in the world somewhere had to die? Er yes.

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.
You're casually advocating the possible deaths of other people's children, you dafty. :lol: It was a fair question and you came out wanting with your 'clever' sidesteps.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're advocating the possible deaths of other people's children, you dafty. :lol: It was a fair question and you came out wanting with your 'clever' sidesteps.
It was a daft question. It makes no sense to advocate social policy based on the certainty of the decision maker's family dying because of the decisions made.
It is nonsense.

You've made a arse of yourself over these past few pages. The 'choose 5 of your relatives' argument is the stuff of simpletons
Whatever, Rob. Harry is advocating throwing tens of thousands of people under a bus to get to normal a bit sooner. I simply asked if the odds were against his family if he would change his stance. His responses made it clear enough that he would. End of the day, I'm going to lose no sleep over people like him and you having differing opinions to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Do we have any idea what ‰ of the UK have been infected ie for herd to be any sort of reality you need 70 plus don't you
You need to to know the R0 of the disease which I understand to be R2.5 to R3 for Covid-19. There is a calculation you then do to work out the herd immunity percentage. From memory it is about 60% or a little more for Covid-19. When I find the calculation I'll post it.
I'm surprised more focus hasn't been on different strategies for regional areas with different infection rates. Or is that too tricky in reality
I've wondered that eg if say Cornwall had no infection or extremely low levels, then perhaps they could open all schools, but other areas with a higher R Number not open any. But no, they've gone with a blanket specification of three particular year groups country wide.

Last edited:
Valance said yesterday that we had under 10% of people who had had it. With the current numbers that makes 500k look more then likely once it has reached 80% of the population
He can say all he likes , he hasn’t tested all the uk to give anything other than a guess

Back