Sous Vide

Get a vacuum machine to go with it. They are only £20 from aldi/lidl/amazon and make the whole thing less of a faff as you don't have to do the water submersion trick to remove air from the bag.

Also chicken breasts are absolutely unreal done in it. Completely different texture to normal and not dry at all.

Get a vacuum machine to go with it. They are only £20 from aldi/lidl/amazon and make the whole thing less of a faff as you don't have to do the water submersion trick to remove air from the bag.

Also chicken breasts are absolutely unreal done in it. Completely different texture to normal and not dry at all.

Got a vacuum machine with it - tried chicken done for 4 hours at 63 C. yesterday. Extremely lush!

Use recipes from Serious Eats. Kenji Lopez Alt is a food nerd genius with top recipes.

Sous Vide Cooking: How to Get Started
Thanks, marra!

Get the joule app on your phone as well. It tells you how long and at what temperature to do the meat for and has videos for each type of meat and each level of doneness.

For steak you want to be quick searing, then sous vide and then sear on the pan again.

Get the joule app on your phone as well. It tells you how long and at what temperature to do the meat for and has videos for each type of meat and each level of doneness.

For steak you want to be quick searing, then sous vide and then sear on the pan again.

Thanks - I'll get that. I read somewhere that the pre-searing didn't add anything - your experience is different I understand?

I'm trying my luck with a fillet roast today. Recommended cooking times seem to say al lot from 6 to 9 hours, but 54C seems to be the agreed temperature choice. Do you know why there's such a big variance?

Last edited:

Back