Soured by racism...

mikem

Striker
Just wanted to get this one of my chest somewhere: hard to concentrate on the finale yesterday, due to some pissed-up idiot in Whitburn Social club giving it large with racism towards Archer. “Get the nig-nog on”, and worse. Am I just sheltered or is this the sort of thing that’s supposed to be normal nowadays?

One bloke did tell him to pack it in - he was loud enough and went on long enough that the bar staff must have heard. Me, I was just there while I was sneaking out of the daughter’s karate club party upstairs, so no idea if he was a regular.

One bloke did tell him to pack it in - he was loud enough and went on long enough that the bar staff must have heard. Me, I was just there while I was sneaking out of the daughter’s karate club party upstairs, so no idea if he was a regular.
I miss your regular tales Mike. Hi Karate, I’ve still got some

Just wanted to get this one of my chest somewhere: hard to concentrate on the finale yesterday, due to some pissed-up idiot in Whitburn Social club giving it large with racism towards Archer. “Get the nig-nog on”, and worse. Am I just sheltered or is this the sort of thing that’s supposed to be normal nowadays?
You should of given him a slap, its not acceptable in any shape or form

I wouldn’t say you’re sheltered, in fact I’d say it’s becoming less and less the norm. When I was growing up casual racism was rife, not necessarily even intended to offend, but the shop owned by Southern Asians would be known as something beginning with P and the Cantonese Takeaway would be referred to as a derogatory term for a Chinese person.

Now they’re much more politically correct terms and generally I think society has learnt to be more considerate and inclusive. We as a nation are far more well educated.

Regarding the wanker in your story, well that’s what he is. A f***ing wanker. I don’t condone violence but I probably wouldn’t have been upset had he ended up getting a slap.

I wouldn’t say you’re sheltered, in fact I’d say it’s becoming less and less the norm. When I was growing up casual racism was rife, not necessarily even intended to offend, but the shop owned by Southern Asians would be known as something beginning with P and the Cantonese Takeaway would be referred to as a derogatory term for a Chinese person.

Now they’re much more politically correct terms and generally I think society has learnt to be more considerate and inclusive. We as a nation are far more well educated.

Regarding the wanker in your story, well that’s what he is. A f***ing wanker. I don’t condone violence but I probably wouldn’t have been upset had he ended up getting a slap.
I agree.
Despite the morons like him who still exist, I think things are much better now.
Maybe because i'm getting on, but some of the casual terms we used to hear all the time when I was a young un growing up, I just don't hear now.
Of course it's still there and needs to be resisted when it rears it's ugly head.

I would say the staff should have ejected him and if he offered resistance I’m sure some of the patrons would have assisted. If he doesn’t leave a call to the Pollis and he would have had a night in the cells and missed the tremendous finale.

What an embarrassing cretin, if I knew him I wouldn’t speak to him again. Everything about this behaviour is completely wrong.

Never EVER normal!

Back