Sounds of Sunderland Festival

New festival for Sunderland.

Cheers for the heads up mate. Will definitely support.
I missed Vanderbilt at Summer Streets as had to take an hours cover for the rain so be good to see them.
All the very best to whoever’s organising it.

“Various venues”? Bit vague innit?
Does that mean some these bands could be on at the same time in different places or is it a “ crawl” type event where you’ve 15 mins or so to get to the next place? If it’s the latter I’ll be up for coming up for that as the Camden n Brighton ones are great days out.
i really like Vandebilt

this is a cracking song

Google: Bill Nelson “Do You Dream In Colour”. Twas a big John Peel favourite back in the late 70s or early 80s. Twas his attempt at jumping from prog rock to the new wave. Very early XTC. Whatever happened to him?

Last edited:
“Various venues”? Bit vague innit?
Does that mean some these bands could be on at the same time in different places or is it a “ crawl” type event where you’ve 15 mins or so to get to the next place? If it’s the latter I’ll be up for coming up for that as the Camden n Brighton ones are great days out.

Google: Bill Nelson “Do You Dream In Colour”. Twas a big John Peel favourite back in the late 70s or early 80s. Twas his attempt at jumping from prog rock to the new wave. Very early XTC. Whatever happened to him?
Still going I do believe - he records at home in Wakefield I think.

Still going I do believe - he records at home in Wakefield I think.
Used to work with a lad from there and he reckoned Nelson bought a minor stately home back in the 70s and turned some outhouses into studio, offices and accom for Bands. I’m amazed he nivver drifted into production tbh.

Back