sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love the Sopranos, great TV.

Try 'The Wire' to. Should come with sub titles mind.

http://www.addic7ed.com/show/71

They just re-released The Wire in remastered widescreen and HD. It's on all the torrent sites and subtitles for it are on that site. The picture quality is amazing compared to the DVD quality of the original. I'm going to give it a second watch without the black bars down the sides.

I can't pick my favourite show of all time out of the sopranos and the wire

After that though it's

The shield
Friday night lights
Braquo
Sons of anarchy
Underbelly
The black donellys

The Gomorrah is top class and could be a rival for the best of it continues to be as good as the first season

Will be upto date with love/hate next week so unsure on how good it is yet . Just done the 3rd season

Breaking bad ,Boardwalk empire , romanzo criminale and maybe suits are next to watch Oh and gang related

having caught up to games of thrones and now the walking dead im looking for new show to watch and im think the sopranos....any seen all the sopranos and are they worth a watch???

cheers
Depends , if blood and gore, special effects and improbable story lines are what rows your boat, the sopranos might be a bit highbrow to be honest.
For me I really enjoyed ( enjoying?)
Justified
The Bridge
The missing
Low Winter Sun
Copper
Hell on Wheels

I've watch every episode 5 times and been fisted by three of the cast members

What would you like to know ?
Tidied

I am 3 episodes into series 2 of the wire. I like it but it going to have to up its game to come close to the sopranos.
The Wire is very slow in comparison. Infact I preferred Sopranos personally, but the wire is the greatest show I have ever seen for the way it portrays and explains a whole city's drug problems.

Just finished binge watching Sopranos series for the fifth time - have never done this before for any other programme, even if I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still get upset when I think about James Gandolfini dying so young :cry::cry:

Just finished binge watching Sopranos series for the fifth time - have never done this before for any other programme, even if I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still get upset when I think about James Gandolfini dying so young :cry::cry:
I'm still gutted it's finished. Can't get the ending out of my head. "Don't Stop Believing'' will never be the same again.

Best Series ever made by some distance.
It's definitely in my top five. It's hard to say which is number one cos they're all so different. Can't believe it's taken me so lo g to watch it. Mind you, it's usually the case with me. Binge watched Breaking Bad when it was all over. Only watched GOT earlier this year.

Last edited:
Clearly in the minority but it never really did it for me. Watched 2 and a half series and gave up. Does it get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back