Songs with lyrics that baffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will survive - and so your back from outer space. So she must have been dumped by an alien then.

Or maybe it's one of those things you don't take literally, like a metaphor. :lol:

Edit: Oh wait, someone else pointed that out ages ago, silly me.

Last edited:
Rhododendron
Is a nice flower
Evergreen
It lasts forever
But it can't beat Strand power
The Sphynx and Mona Lisa
Lolita and Guernica
Did the Strand

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

Toto-Africa

not bad lyrics but when you listen to the line they just don’t fit into the verse

Lucky that my lips not only mumble
They spill kisses like a fountain
Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't confuse them with mountains

Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak.... somewhere in this town.
(Can i suggest the jails are the most likely places?)

And

Should I stay or should I go now....
If go there will be trouble
If I stay it will be double
(Then go.... save yourself some of the aggro)
Get a house in Devon, drink cider from a Lemon.

I had to look that up
Ive always thought it was "Drink cider from 11" which would make more sense given that pubs used to open at 11. But no.... its drink cider from a lemon

Last edited:
"There she was just a walking down the street, singing doo wah diddy diddy dum di di de"
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' "Doo wah diddy diddy dum di di do"

Take a second to shuffle your feet as you walk, while you snap your fingers and sing "doo wah diddy...."

Then realise the next lines are
She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine)

It is not easy to look good or fine while doing that.

As for those on about I am the Walrus,
I was always told that the song was a response to a letter that was sent to the Beatles, from an American student who was studying the meanings of Beatles songs as a paper for his English degree.
Apparently, on hearing that people were studying the lyrics, they decided to write a complete nonsense song to make analysing the lyrics impossible and make a mockery of the degree.

Butr that may be an urban myth

"There she was just a walking down the street, singing doo wah diddy diddy dum di di de"
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' "Doo wah diddy diddy dum di di do"

Take a second to shuffle your feet as you walk, while you snap your fingers and sing "doo wah diddy...."

Then realise the next lines are
She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine)

It is not easy to look good or fine while doing that.

As for those on about I am the Walrus,
I was always told that the song was a response to a letter that was sent to the Beatles, from an American student who was studying the meanings of Beatles songs as a paper for his English degree.
Apparently, on hearing that people were studying the lyrics, they decided to write a complete nonsense song to make analysing the lyrics impossible and make a mockery of the degree.

Butr that may be an urban myth

Not far wrong as I understand it regarding The Walrus. He caught wind of Beatles lyrics being studied in schools/academically, Hunter Davies who did the band’s biography was there during some of the writing of the song and John was supposed to have said ‘let the fuckers work that one out’.

Dianna Ross- I'm still waiting

Then someone finally came
He told me that he loved me
I put him off with lies
He could see I had no eyes :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back