somewhere nice to eat in north east

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do they actively promote tripadvisor in there? That's how must places get high up in their rankings.
No mate not really.........it did used to say on the powerpoint display that they were on thereand ask folk to leave a review but that was one screen amongst dozens that was only on anyway when the tellies were not in use.......They have got some sort of certificate of excellence from TA that's on display behind the bar but any bar owner would do that..........the food is without me being biased very very good...

Mind TA has this down amongst the others in Houghton le spring ( I know its only two reviews and they are over a year old) but it doesn't even dee food bar toasties........and the bloke doing the second review is a complete bell end who I doubt is a DR as well.........

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau..._le_Spring_Tyne_and_Wear_England.html#REVIEWS

No mate not really.........it did used to say on the powerpoint display that they were on there but that was one screen amongst dozens that was only on anyway when the tellies were not in use.......They have got some sort of certificate of excellence from TA that's on display behind the bar but any bar owner would do that..........the food is without me being biased very very good...

Mind TA has this down amongst the others in Houghton le spring ( I know its only two reviews and they are over a year old) but it doesn't even dee food bar toasties........and the bloke doing the second review is a complete bell end who I doubt is a DR as well.........

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau..._le_Spring_Tyne_and_Wear_England.html#REVIEWS

Might give it a try for Steak Night.

Might give it a try for Steak Night.
Its canny and at £15 for two you still get good size portions £20 for two if you want the two small bottles of wine.........they now do a T Bone 16oz and I think some other variations for another £5 a head............Plus they now offer the full menu every night whereas before on Steak night it was only the steak menu...Steaks Monday and Wednesdays..

Poyet apparently had fish and chips when he was there recently............Oatways probably had the full menu he always eats there and usually his Sunday lunch..

Its canny and at £15 for two you still get good size portions £20 for two if you want the two small bottles of wine.........they now do a T Bone 16oz and I think some other variations for another £5 a head............Plus they now offer the full menu every night whereas before on Steak night it was only the steak menu...Steaks Monday and Wednesdays..

Poyet apparently had fish and chips when he was there recently............Oatways probably had the full menu he always eats there and usually his Sunday lunch..

£15 for two had to be good value, comes with sauce and sides too.

£15 for two had to be good value, comes with sauce and sides too.
Aye mate......choice of sauces and I think three sides........canny portions as well the onion rings are like small tyres...........

This

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice around boro/Stockton/yarm, as I have the misfortune of having to travel there today.
Travel inland a bit between Stockton and Sedgefield and The Talbot at Bishopton and The Ship at Redmarshall are nice. The waiting room at Eaglescliffe is also meant to be superb for any veggies out there.

Last edited:
1001 different microwave options

Last time I went it was piss poor, ordered the frogs legs which were dripping in garlic butter. It was f***ing hacky. I think Lionel Ritchie who used to run the Lotus Garden down Hartlepool marina was working there now I think about it.

Last time I went it was piss poor, ordered the frogs legs which were dripping in garlic butter. It was f***ing hacky. I think Lionel Ritchie who used to run the Lotus Garden down Hartlepool marina was working there now I think about it.
Is that Lionel Ritchie the table botherer?

Not sure if mentioned already but The Bay Horse at Hurworth and Truffle in Darlo are class like.

The Kings Arms in Great Stainton and The Talbot in Stapleton (I think) are class anarl

It's near the Marriott hotel mate. It's a boutique hotel too but the food is really good. Small place so best to book.
Is that the place owned by the same owners of Zen? On the topic of Asian food, has anyone tried that one above The Capital in Durham? Don't know its name.

Is that the place owned by the same owners of Zen? On the topic of Asian food, has anyone tried that one above The Capital in Durham? Don't know its name.

Aye, I've tried it Palm Sugar it's called, it was canny enough, not the best Thai food I've had but no complaints when I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back