Some Selectors Are Idiots

Treated like utter shit.

Australia were brilliant in 13-14. He's showed enough grit and determination that we should have persisted longer with him.

I think being Pietersens mate cost him and probably England for no reason.

It puzzled me at the time how Carberry was discarded after a half-decent tour given the circumstances. But it has always been the case that certain selectors are a liability. Players were often picked from the captain's county, in-form players not watched etc etc. I wonder how much cricket the selectors actually watch in person.

It puzzled me at the time how Carberry was discarded after a half-decent tour given the circumstances. But it has always been the case that certain selectors are a liability. Players were often picked from the captain's county, in-form players not watched etc etc. I wonder how much cricket the selectors actually watch in person.
Baylis admitted to watching no county cricket at all

Decent county batsmen who actually got released 4 times by counties during his time in county cricket and twice by Surrey.
Brilliant fielder though. I remember watching him fielding in the covers with Gary Pratt at the Riverside against the Australian U19S.

Treated like utter shit.

Australia were brilliant in 13-14. He's showed enough grit and determination that we should have persisted longer with him.

I think being Pietersens mate cost him and probably England for no reason.

Nah he wasn't very good like IMO, not international standard.

you could argue he could of played longer for sure, but can see it both ways, just think hes decent, no more

Last edited:
I thought he deserved more of a chance than he was given, he fought through against a very very good team and as I recall was one of the better ones of the team. The only thing I thought was he was concentrating so hard he began becalmed. He deserved a chance against an easier opposition in my view.

Decent county batsmen who actually got released 4 times by counties during his time in county cricket and twice by Surrey.
Brilliant fielder though. I remember watching him fielding in the covers with Gary Pratt at the Riverside against the Australian U19S.

When he played in 2018 for Leics at the Riverside ( the game when we followed on and won ) it appeared that his team mates were giving him the cold shoulder throughout the game....I don't think he played for them again.

He did a great catch to get rid of Diva in the 2007 Final- not that it did Hampshite much good mind!:rolleyes:
Edit- should be a :lol: not a :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I swear that bollocks came from Bayliss. The number of times he prattled on about 'fearless cricket' and wanting a stroke playing opener like Warner. Even when they stumbled on the answer when jack Leach played like an old fashioned opener against Ireland, they still persisted with Roy. Slap in the face only picking Sibley for NZ after the Ashes were lost.

I swear that bollocks came from Bayliss. The number of times he prattled on about 'fearless cricket' and wanting a stroke playing opener like Warner. Even when they stumbled on the answer when jack Leach played like an old fashioned opener against Ireland, they still persisted with Roy. Slap in the face only picking Sibley for NZ after the Ashes were lost.

Not sure what this has got to do with Bayliss like, it’s well before

Just a guess but I imagine Sibley is over the moon that he is making his debut not having to face Cummins and Hazelwood.

When he played in 2018 for Leics at the Riverside ( the game when we followed on and won ) it appeared that his team mates were giving him the cold shoulder throughout the game....I don't think he played for them again.

He did a great catch to get rid of Diva in the 2007 Final- not that it did Hampshite much good mind!:rolleyes:
Edit- should be a :lol: not a :rolleyes:
Yes mate

Leics suspended him on full pay (£120k contract) as something had gone off.
They paid him off at the end of that season

Back