Some of you lot on here

Johnson fully deserves credit for getting us playing some lovely football which is great to watch. He also deserves criticism for trying to defend a 1 goal lead for 10 minutes rather than trying to put the game to bed. We have the quality to just kill off teams. We have rode our luck every week with this bringing and extra defender on and defending the lead shit and yesterday our luck ran out.
If opposing managers know in advance that Johnson will do this every game that we have a one goal lead it will become part of their team talk dont panic lads if they go in front they will sit back with 15 to go so go for it!As you said we have the players and team not to have to do that so i wonder whats going through Johnson mind when he does this .... I would guess given Johnson data driven approach to coaching there must be some stats to back up his methodology,,,, but from the outside it looks like a tactic to aid the opposition and turn wins int draws to me over a very long season.

Well said mate. Spot on. The doom merchants are out in force again tonight.
It’s the way of the world these days.
Believe it or not we have the same on our forums !!
Rodgers gets slagged, Tielemans gets berated , Schmeical gets plenty etc. Ofcourse Brendan sometimes gets it wrong and I myself get pissed off with us trying to overplay from the back at times and players make the odd mistake but for some idiots it’s an excuse to moan , talk about spoilt bastards!
The twats doing the moaning will be the same ones making the most noise if the likes of Youri and Brendan decide to look elsewhere
A dickhead us a dickhead

I guess we’re all fanatics then
All good mate. The only concern is that most " Fanatics" make their mind up about something early on, and no amount of sensible, considered, thought through,opposing beliefs will make them even so much as consider changing their opinion.
Can be a cancer, festering away, and eating all the good that has been achieved.
Just saying.

Not true for you mate, but very true for a loud minority.
I'm not a massive LJ fan, but hes made a great start.
The usual lot who let their opinions on a person cloud their brains mate.

like I said, I can’t take to him, he irritates me. But that’s personal opinion. Not everyone likes everyone. I mean, Christ, I don’t like Richard Branson but I can’t deny he hasn’t done well for himself :lol:

The usual lot who let their opinions on a person cloud their brains mate.

like I said, I can’t take to him, he irritates me. But that’s personal opinion. Not everyone likes everyone. I mean, Christ, I don’t like Richard Branson but I can’t deny he hasn’t done well for himself :lol:
You and me both mate. Irritates the fuck out of me, but made a great start this year.

LJ IS BEING CREDITED FOR A GOOD START.
he has had a good start but the recruitment wasn’t him
His decision making is terrible even when we have won the game.
Substations and formation changes yesterday lost us the win.

Blaming the ref for the pen is an excuse as there is no way we should have dropped points from this position.
Keepin mcgeadyband going on for as long as his did and then inviting pressure with 5 at the back is criminal.

However, I’m not hounding him. I just can’t see him taking us to the next level especially when we have to recruit experience. He won’t be able to manage them.

LJ IS BEING CREDITED FOR A GOOD START.
he has had a good start but the recruitment wasn’t him
His decision making is terrible even when we have won the game.
Substations and formation changes yesterday lost us the win.

Blaming the ref for the pen is an excuse as there is no way we should have dropped points from this position.
Keepin mcgeadyband going on for as long as his did and then inviting pressure with 5 at the back is criminal.

However, I’m not hounding him. I just can’t see him taking us to the next level especially when we have to recruit experience. He won’t be able to manage them.
Exactly buddy. He has this quality of talking a good game, but f***ing things up at the same time. Don't think he's the long term answer either, but hopefully good enough to take us the first few steps on the ladder.
Healthy disagreement with him is a good thing, and we should all feel free to do it, but your position of " not hounding him" is exactly how it should be done.👍👍👍

If opposing managers know in advance that Johnson will do this every game that we have a one goal lead it will become part of their team talk dont panic lads if they go in front they will sit back with 15 to go so go for it!As you said we have the players and team not to have to do that so i wonder whats going through Johnson mind when he does this .... I would guess given Johnson data driven approach to coaching there must be some stats to back up his methodology,,,, but from the outside it looks like a tactic to aid the opposition and turn wins int draws to me over a very long season.

If we were 2 0 up when he did this then fine but to do it when the home team have just scored and the fans are right behind them to get abother was basically just asking for them to score.

We are very much a “work in progress” and are imho clearly moving in the right direction. We have a generally young team with some of our more experienced players performing inconsistently yet could quite easily be sitting top with a 100% record. Having said that l suspect majority would have taken 16/21 points after 7 games when the season started. It’s a long season ahead and we have a comparatively strong squad so whilst there are bound to be setbacks, l feel we are well equipped to overcome these and will continue with our forward progress.
Whether that will be enough to win the league or gain automatic promotion remains to be seen, but having played a number of the apparently stronger sides already this season we are currently in a pretty decent position.
Onwards and upwards.

Back