Solo traveller in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

What dates are you thinking of coming over mate? I'll see if I can find any decent accommodation deals with good location around Bilbao.

Also, if you want to know anything specific about bilbao or surrounding areas, give me a shout

I'll jump in here.

I'm staying around La Vieja in July. Best bars off the beaten track? We're vegetarian as well so if you know any places that cater more towards vegans or vegetarian then would appreciate any suggestions. :)

I'll jump in here.

I'm staying around La Vieja in July. Best bars off the beaten track? We're vegetarian as well so if you know any places that cater more towards vegans or vegetarian then would appreciate any suggestions. :)

Just looking at Airbnbs there. It's the hipster barrio apparently!

Of course!

We always make a Google map of bars and places we might want to visit and then find somewhere that sits within walking distance, rather than just pick based purely on value. This place is often canny for tips, it's often shite as well like. :lol:

Yeah that's the same as me. The level of research and pre planning is out of control at times, just means your trips more relaxing as you don't have to think about anything.

I quite often book a lunch and dinner for each day i'm away so there's no 'where shall we eat?!' drama as well. Culture Trip gets a hammering.

Imagine travelling allover europe/the world but needing a taxi to get to your nearest supermarket at home.;)

I'll jump in here.

Will send you some more information regarding La Vieja and other things later on this evening mate but will leave you with this for now

La vieja has a good nightlife and there are some decent places to eat round there. The only thing to watch out for is that it's dangerously close to San Francisco and Las Cortes which are the most run down and red light district areas with a lot of bother on a daily basis.

The most central areas with good transport communication are Abando, Santutxu, Indautxu, San Mames and Deusto.

There are neighbourhoods a bit further out like Sarriko, San Ignacio and Begoña but they're on the metro line.

Take the funicular up to Artxanda to get the best views of Bilbao and Greater Bilbao area

Santiago or La Coruna. Better craic on your own than Bilbao.
2nd one is on the beach. Right by the city.
Best city in Spain after San Sebastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back