So who replaces Colly in the test side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit bored of this one day cricket to be honest, lets get back to proper cricket.

If they play 6 batsmen, is it Morgan as he is next in line? Does Ravi deserve another chance? What about Taylor or Hildreth?

Morgan is not a test batsmen for me and Ravi looks suspect at times. Cant say I have seen enough of Taylor but Hildreth has always impressed me

If its Prior at 6, who plays at 7?

They dont trust Rashid clearly, and I hear he hasn't developed. Is there anyone else? The answer is NOT Luke Wright btw...

Taylor is the only one that ive seen a bit of and i think hes excellent - technically like Bell. Its seems Hildreth is the one at the top of the queue but I have never really seen him play.

if fit that will be the first test v sri lanka team bar one, i think tremlett will be in for finn

I'd agree with that. I have just about given up on Bopara after thinking he would become a very good one day and test player. I still want to get Rashid into the squad, but he seems not to be in favour.

The main problem (which is a peculiar one) is that lack of back-up seam bowler. Even just for a few overs here and there as Colly offered. I don't think Trott or Bell can do it ... but just for that I wouldn't leave out a batsman and play Brsenan.

Anyway, these days there will be almost no time where everyone is available so best XI is virtually academic.

I'm sure they will continue to go with 6 batsmen after it worked so well during the Ashes, in which case Morgan deserves an extended run. He does look a bit dubious outside off-stump but his ODI performances and excellent temperment would suggest to me he's worth sticking with.

Ideally we would have a genuine all-rounder at 7 but I don't think Bresnan or Broad's batting in quite upto it, although there's definite potential in both.

How about putting Prior at 6, then playing 5 bowlers with Bresnan at 7, Swann, Broad, Anderson and Tremlett?

Having a batting line up down to Prior at 7 means one of them is always going to miss out. We showed in Australia just what they can all do, and with Bres having age on his side, we could still turn him into a proper all rounder like Colly rather than just a bowler who can bat a bit.

Risky maybe, but perhaps worth a shot, as I'm in agreement about Morgan and Ravi.

thats always been my take on it too. if were that good we need 5 bowlers and back them.

strauss, cook, trott, pietersen, bell, prior, bresnan, swann, broad, tremlett, anderson

How's the forgotten man doing, Onions? When fit and taking wickets for the Doms, he'll increase the pressure on the seamers.

should be fit to bowl in our preseason apparently which suggests he may be raring to go for durham from day one. can see him struggling to get back into the england set up though, needs to hit the ground running to get in amongst teh bresnans, tremletts & co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back