So who replaces Colly in the test side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit bored of this one day cricket to be honest, lets get back to proper cricket.

If they play 6 batsmen, is it Morgan as he is next in line? Does Ravi deserve another chance? What about Taylor or Hildreth?

Morgan is not a test batsmen for me and Ravi looks suspect at times. Cant say I have seen enough of Taylor but Hildreth has always impressed me

If its Prior at 6, who plays at 7?

They dont trust Rashid clearly, and I hear he hasn't developed. Is there anyone else? The answer is NOT Luke Wright btw...

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Bell
Pietersen
Morgan
Prior
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

How about putting Prior at 6, then playing 5 bowlers with Bresnan at 7, Swann, Broad, Anderson and Tremlett?

Having a batting line up down to Prior at 7 means one of them is always going to miss out. We showed in Australia just what they can all do, and with Bres having age on his side, we could still turn him into a proper all rounder like Colly rather than just a bowler who can bat a bit.

Risky maybe, but perhaps worth a shot, as I'm in agreement about Morgan and Ravi.

How about putting Prior at 6, then playing 5 bowlers with Bresnan at 7, Swann, Broad, Anderson and Tremlett?

Having a batting line up down to Prior at 7 means one of them is always going to miss out. We showed in Australia just what they can all do, and with Bres having age on his side, we could still turn him into a proper all rounder like Colly rather than just a bowler who can bat a bit.

Risky maybe, but perhaps worth a shot, as I'm in agreement about Morgan and Ravi.

good point. if its Prior at 6 it has to be Bresnan at 7.

Was Colly a proper Test all-rounder though. I don't think he was, he was a batsman who could bowl a little when the seamers needed a rest and there wasn't enough in the pitch for the spinners. In the mould of Michael Clarke and Shoaib Malik. Also, I would have Broad bat at 7 and mould him into a proper all-rounder. He's proved he can get runs in Test cricket and I'd rather have him higher up the order than Bresnan and Swann who are both able batsmen but not quite the same as Broad.

Was Colly a proper Test all-rounder though. I don't think he was, he was a batsman who could bowl a little when the seamers needed a rest and there wasn't enough in the pitch for the spinners. In the mould of Michael Clarke and Shoaib Malik. Also, I would have Broad bat at 7 and mould him into a proper all-rounder. He's proved he can get runs in Test cricket and I'd rather have him higher up the order than Bresnan and Swann who are both able batsmen but not quite the same as Broad.

I dont see Broad as a 7. He started well and has one massive score. But he is not a 7......

yet

That could definitely be an option, maybe at the moment Bres would be a better choice as Broad still (IMHO) needs to improve his batting a little to reach the level of a number 7. Fair enough stick Swann in at 9 and let Bres and Broad compete for 7 and 8. At the moment, I'm thinking more about who should be there more than what order they should be in.

I dont see Broad as a 7. He started well and has one massive score. But he is not a 7......

yet

Surely we're building for the future though, maybe you disagree but in the long run, I think Broad will be a better number 7 than anybody around at the moment.

Surely we're building for the future though, maybe you disagree but in the long run, I think Broad will be a better number 7 than anybody around at the moment.

He could be. But he hasn't shown enough for me.

If its Prior at 7 I would be tempted by Hildreth, if its Prior at 6 then I go Bresnan, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Finn/Tremlett

Will KP play again? Does he deserve to? Maybe 2 batting spaces up for grabs

He could be. But he hasn't shown enough for me.

If its Prior at 7 I would be tempted by Hildreth, if its Prior at 6 then I go Bresnan, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Finn/Tremlett

Will KP play again? Does he deserve to? Maybe 2 batting spaces up for grabs

Yes

On recent form, no.

I his form is shit only averaged 60 in the ashes:roll:.

Morgan will come in for Collingwood with Trott and KP used as the 5th bowler

Averaged 60 in one Series. What about the year and half before said series? :roll:

I didn't say current though, did I. I said recent which I count to mean as more than one series. Look at his last 5 test series stats and come back and tell me he should be in the side.

Read my post again, I said recent form. ;)

recent - Of, belonging to, or occurring at a time immediately before the present.

so going of that it would mean the ashes series. Would you really drop someone after averaging 60 and winning a ashes game by scoring 227?

recent - Of, belonging to, or occurring at a time immediately before the present.

so going of that it would mean the ashes series. Would you really drop someone after averaging 60 and winning a ashes game by scoring 227?

No but I would drop him for playing shite in god knows how many series before hand. ;)

My opinion means nowt anyway, KP will continue to play for England even if he averages 10 for the next three series as he has a reputation that he is this world class unbeatable batsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back