Snoring

gazla

Morning
Im after some advice from folks who suffer with this. Mine seems to have got worse the past 6 months or so. Tried sprays, nose strips/silicon cones , mouthguards. Im not overweight its the same if i have a beer or not. In the spare bed now for months and being honest its causing a few issues at home. Dont need witty comments just some possible remedies that other folks have found helpful.

Could be sleep apnea. Do you stop breathing for a while when asleep? Ask your partner.
I was the same way and after a visit to the docs got referred to the hospital for sleep studies. Had to wear a monitor for bed for a couple of nights and got diagnosed with sleep apnea. I now used a CPAP machine at night and also mouth tape to force me to breathe through my nose. The difference in my sleep quality, and also my wife's (no) is incredible. I wake up feeling refreshed now, and find I need less sleep to feel better too.

Last edited:
I found strips used with Otrivine Adult nasal spray seems to work....
I think I have sleep apnea though and need to get it sorted.

Is the CPAP bulky and uncomfortable ?
Takes a while to get used to, I suffer from claustrophobia and having the mask on was a challenge for the first couple of weeks.
It does leave lines on the face where the straps go, so no hiding the fact you wear one. The tube does get in the road a bit when you turn over in bed and can get caught in the bedclothes. It is surprising how soon you adapt to it though. This is the type I got from the hospital. Just need to imagine the hose going from the front to the machine on the floor. Machine is about the size of 2 house bricks.

Nasal dialators and an Anti-snore pillow seems to have worked for me.

Either that or our lass has gone deaf because I can't remember the last time she punched me in the ribs in the early hours.

Morning
Im after some advice from folks who suffer with this. Mine seems to have got worse the past 6 months or so. Tried sprays, nose strips/silicon cones , mouthguards. Im not overweight its the same if i have a beer or not. In the spare bed now for months and being honest its causing a few issues at home. Dont need witty comments just some possible remedies that other folks have found helpful.
I found those plug in olbas oil things were good. Shut the door and have those plugged in for the night.

Had an overnight in south tees, tonsils out n a silicone like substance injected into roof of my mouth. 14 year back. Returning a bit now though. Feck going through that again!

Snored since I was a kid, my parents used to moan about it from the next room.

Moved in with the ex and within months she had me at the docs. Sleep studies etc and diagnosed with sleep apnea. That was 20+ years ago. Wore the cpap ever since. Was about 15 stone and fairly fit from around 16-21 ish but as the sleeping issues got worse I ballooned. Too tired to do anything apart from go to work. Slept on the couch until it was time to go to bed.. lost all the weight and the sleeping issues are still there if I don’t wear the cpap.

Although weight doesn’t help I don’t thinks it’s the sole cause as I was never fat until It got too bad.

The mask I wear now is like a cradle that sits under the nostrils. Bit less intrusive but probably less effective.

Back