Smoking ban on NHS property

Status
Not open for further replies.

When my Dad was in Sunderland, they all used to gather under the canopy over the main entrance. It was minging having to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter/exit the hospital.

When my Dad was in Sunderland, they all used to gather under the canopy over the main entrance. It was minging having to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter/exit the hospital.
My mam was in hospital for almost the entire year 2016. Walking through the entrance each visit just added to the misery.

Never happen. They tried it before but the retards wouldn't comply. Security were powerless to do anything about it, so they had to create the smoking sheds which in the main are ignored in favour of the front entrance.

This....never ever smoked or even tried it as a kid

Both parents and sister smoked but it just disgusted me from a very early age.

Pushing by smokers huddled near hospital doors and getting a face of smoke is grim indeed :rolleyes:

Same and always been surrounded by a family of smokers.

It's how they preach that it isn't affecting anyone else which gets me. As you sit breathing in their unfiltered shitty second hand smerk!

Then they compare it to alcohol, drugs etc...

A snack head can sit next to me gulping away on vodka and injecting themselves, then sit there comitozed. Does me no harm. The stinker sat on the opposite side puffing away is though!

It was the people with an oxygen cylinder and mask that were smoking that worried me the most :eek:
There is a cancer ward in the same hospital which is pretty much last chance saloon. The sights I saw there were harrowing. Frail amputees barely able to take a breath fagging away connected to oxygen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back