Smith and Stoneman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hats off to them.

I've been one of those who was critical of them but they've done us proud here.

As stated on the Match thread - I love being proved wrong!

Fair fucks to both of them, quality in the last two games. Hopefully they'll only get better too. It's actually going to be interesting in the coming weeks because we're due to play at some grounds that are renowned for having good batting tracks AND add to that the recent dry spells will probably mean CLS becomes a belter too.

Criticism was fair enough - great to see them do well though. Rocky is a massive underachiever for the ability he has. Makes you wonder why they never pick him for 20/20 games mind - 3 games in his whole career.

Criticism was fair enough - great to see them do well though. Rocky is a massive underachiever for the ability he has. Makes you wonder why they never pick him for 20/20 games mind - 3 games in his whole career.

That's a good point to be fair, especially when you see how we'll he did last season in the Pro40's. Perhaps in the past its due to us having an overseas top order batsman for the T20 and him just not having a place.

Reckon Stoneman will play all formats this year.

As for Smith he needs to score runs consistently as Benks and Stokes are struggling atm and we can't afford to carry 3 players in the batting. It does look much healthier with Breese and Wood in the team .

Just had his summer hols cancelled

Happy to have all the criticism rammed up everyone's backsides. More of the same please.

I still don't think, in the long run, they're good enough. Like.

Happy to have all the criticism rammed up everyone's backsides. More of the same please.

I still don't think, in the long run, they're good enough. Like.

I hope these last two matches are the turning point for Stoneman. He looks a quality player but quite simply does not score enough runs. Like any opener he will get a few low scores but hopefully he can turn a much higher percentage of those 20s into big scores.
As far as Smith goes i think he is just a limited player but if he can bat time and hold an end up there is a place for him in this side this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back