Walking Dead
Homeland
The Orville
Black Mirror
Fargo S1&2
Star trek discovery
Breaking bad
Better call Saul
Fear the walking dead (starts off a bit laughable but if you like the walking dead its worth sticking with)

^ All brilliant tv shows I stuck with & I'm up to date with.

Loving that new TV show 'The Terror' (cant wait to watch the 4th episode tonight) definately recommend.

Mad Men was great for the first few seasons, although the first ep is pretty shite and puts loads of people off. Final season was proper shite.

Show called 'The Shadow Line' aired on BBC2 a few years ago, really good. As was '20,000 Streets Under the Sky'.

Logon or register to see this image

The shadow line was class. Written by the guy who played young Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's batman

Since we have a SMB Film Thread etc may as well have one for TV shows and Box Sets since there is loads out there and possibly loads I haven't heard of but may fancy.

I am going to watch Power tonight as all my mates rave about it.

Just finished MindHunter - can't understand the reiews as I found it really slow and dull. 5/10.
Prison Break Season 1 (after that it gets weird, still watchable but the first season is masterful on its own as a complete story)
Rome
The Tudors
The Borgias (If you like the Tudors watch this... unfortunately it was cancelled before the end due to company takeover but its brilliant)
Spartacus (All 4 season are amazing)
The end of the f***ing world (20 mins an ep, easy to watch)
Game of thrones (Obv.)
Breaking Bad (Obv.)
Atypical (Comedy Drama about autism, very good)

I'll get some obvious ones out the way

True Detective Season 1
The Wire
Fargo Seasons 1 &2
Rome
Alias Grace
Rome is so underated. Considering it was made before the whole TV drama boxset thing took off it still stands up now as a fantastic series.

Oh that reminds me... another great box set to get yourself stook into.

Rome is so underated. Considering it was made before the whole TV drama boxset thing took off it still stands up now as a fantastic series.

Oh that reminds me... another great box set to get yourself stook into.

Fantastic show. Only watched it this year, cried like a fanny at the final credits when the real war vets are telling their story.

Fantastic show. Only watched it this year, cried like a fanny at the final credits when the real war vets are telling their story.
They followed it up with "The Pacific" Which I didn't think was as good but if you enjoyed BOB its certainly worth a watch

The People vs OJ Simpson- got the last ep to watch, canny
The Santa Clarita Diet- series 2 just started today, also good, grown up humour

I think they broadened things out too much. It became a bit difficult to follow.
Definitely agree, it's a tough thing to follow anyway because it skips in time and its constantly in different locations. But who am I to critique Steven Spielberg

I've never watched the wire... can any superfans on here convince me to give it a go?

Last edited:
Started watching the Frankenstein Chronicles (Ripper Street meets Taboo - but with Seany Bean) series one only to discover that series 2 isn't available on Netflix. Feel fairly annoyed. :mad:

It premiered on ITV Encore seemingly, which seems a tad oxymoronic. ITV Encore is Sky/Now TV only seemingly.

One episode in each, both Kiss Me First and The City and The City seem promising but my favourite thing on TV recently (non-Scandi or comedy) was Big Cats About The House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back