SMB traffic

How does the traffic to this site compare now to how it did in the past? Personally I still like this place but it’s weird at times and it is spoilt by poor mags and inconsistent moderation, with some good posters getting banned and leaving. What could be done to make it better?

You'd expect less people on here since we lost 15k "fans" since we were in the prem 2 years ago

Oh wait i forgot the biggest gobshites on here dont even go to matches anyway

Here’s a thought.
If a mag posts and he’s being a WUM just f***ing ignore it. If not then get into a row with him and let it develop.
DON’T bitch and twist about it like a git f***ing blouse and start asking for mods intervention.
If people are too feeble minded to either ignore or embrace a WUM then they need to have a little look at themselves IMO.

Here’s a thought.
If a mag posts and he’s being a WUM just f***ing ignore it. If not then get into a row with him and let it develop.
DON’T bitch and twist about it like a git f***ing blouse and start asking for mods intervention.
If people are too feeble minded to either ignore or embrace a WUM then they need to have a little look at themselves IMO.
Mag

Some of the biggest threads on here in the past year have been Newcastle related. Was 3 seperated ones about Benitez leaving which probably added up to about 1500 pages. Then there's been several specific NUFC threads to keep all Newcastle traffic in one place but Sunderland fans didn't stick to that.
The Newcatle related threads are clearly popular, so if they're not to your taste, it's a good job that reading them is optional. But they do have high traffic.

How does the traffic to this site compare now to how it did in the past? Personally I still like this place but it’s weird at times and it is spoilt by poor mags and inconsistent moderation, with some good posters getting banned and leaving. What could be done to make it better?

Serious answer?

I've been a member of another (private) forum with millions of users that started in the 90's and the 1 thing that fixed the place was banning swearing. They also ban/warn any hint of a WUM. 3 strikes and you're out. It's a huge deterrence. People behave on there because they know if they don't they're out the f***ing door. Derailing threads is also a punishable offence.

Too many posters on here get away with murder, others see it and think they can do the same. It breeds arseholes.

Serious answer?

I've been a member of another (private) forum with millions of users that started in the 90's and the 1 thing that fixed the place was banning swearing. They also ban/warn any hint of a WUM. 3 strikes and you're out. It's a huge deterrence. People behave on there because they know if they don't they're out the f***ing door. Derailing threads is also a punishable offence.

Too many posters on here get away with murder, others see it and think they can do the same. It breeds arseholes.
What forum is that?

What forum is that?
Can't tell you on here mate. It's mainly a film/TV sharing forum, but like this place has a huge off-topic community. It's been close to shutdown a few times due to DMCA takedowns but somehow keeps going. For that reason I won't post the name on here, or anywhere. It's like my 2nd family, great bunch of lads/lasses from all over the world. I'd be lost without the kernt.

I'll give you a clue :p

Logon or register to see this image

I preferred it before the pure football split. WUMs stay on the first page way too long.

Also transfer threads being merged means you need to read the full thing to get an update rather than just a new thread.

I don't imagine traffic has changed much and I still spend way too much time here. Funnily enough the politics board being set up has stopped me getting wound up by the smbnp and i enjoy this place alot more for it.

The mods really need to take a firmer stance with the mags that are just here on the wind up though. Sima and the like are a welcome addition imo, but it's clear as day the ones pretending to be lads fans. Should just get shot as soon as it's clear.

Can't tell you on here mate. It's mainly a film/TV sharing forum, but like this place has a huge off-topic community. It's been close to shutdown a few times due to DMCA takedowns but somehow keeps going. For that reason I won't post the name on here, or anywhere. It's like my 2nd family, great bunch of lads/lasses from all over the world. I'd be lost without the kernt.

I'll give you a clue :p

Logon or register to see this image
I’m in it

I preferred it before the pure football split. WUMs stay on the first page way too long.

Also transfer threads being merged means you need to read the full thing to get an update rather than just a new thread.

I don't imagine traffic has changed much and I still spend way too much time here. Funnily enough the politics board being set up has stopped me getting wound up by the smbnp and i enjoy this place alot more for it.

The mods really need to take a firmer stance with the mags that are just here on the wind up though. Sima and the like are a welcome addition imo, but it's clear as day the ones pretending to be lads fans. Should just get shot as soon as it's clear.

Preventing people from starting a thread on Pure Football until they've posted X amount of times plus making sure all football threads elsewhere are deleted would work.

Serious answer?

It sounds f***ing shit.

Na it's not a secret, but I personally just don't share it to avoid giving it publicity.

:lol: That's why I come here to let off steam. If I want a serious discussion I go there, if I want to laugh at nobheads I come here.
Wouldn't having more members decrease download time? I was a a member of a great torrent site but it seems to have been taken down now - it only works on twitter but I haven't worked out how to search for shows which defeats the object for me.
Edit, I see that it does have lots of users.

Back