SMB Scouting 101

Seen FGR play quite a lot with them being on sky a few times this season and one that always stands out for me is striker Mathew Stevens. Scored a fair few too.
I suggested him in a couple of other threads, looks like a Broadhead type player and he is still fairly young and banging them in for FGR

I see Harry Mcakirdy's doing well for Swindon @Swindon On Tour , first scouted by the SMB scouting team in December 2019. What are your thoughts on him, pleased he's signed a new deal and can he make the step up?

He never settles and needs man management.
“Mad Harry” sums him up. I like him and was on a trial with us pre-season.
Has been superb over the last month just hope he can maintain that focus.
In our position he has been a positive. Fans love him as he is a pantomime villain.

He never settles and needs man management.
“Mad Harry” sums him up. I like him and was on a trial with us pre-season.
Has been superb over the last month just hope he can maintain that focus.
In our position he has been a positive. Fans love him as he is a pantomime villain.

Brilliant. Of course I meant McKirdy, unsure what happened there! Do you think he'll be able to smoothly make the step up to league one? He looks a flair player with an end product, but not afraid to get stuck in if need be.

Brilliant. Of course I meant McKirdy, unsure what happened there! Do you think he'll be able to smoothly make the step up to league one? He looks a flair player with an end product, but not afraid to get stuck in if need be.

We are far from League One Mate.
Clearly want us to prolong the season with an interest of a bonus play off spot but this season was all about survival. Honestly I think we will just drop short.
That is a tough take because it’s a real incentive to travel to all of the games having belief and winning a few. Success is in the heart of all us football fans.

McKirdy like so many in the lower leagues could play higher but it’s more about the attitude and Consistency that hold them back. He is a livewire and works really hard, lacks any physicality but has found some shooting form.
I know the Management team are working with him both on and off the field. He needs to come off from twitter as he constantly is posting confrontational and abusive posts :) one of those marmite players that you despise if not playing for you.

McKirdy like so many in the lower leagues could play higher but it’s more about the attitude and Consistency that hold them back. He is a livewire and works really hard, lacks any physicality but has found some shooting form.
I know the Management team are working with him both on and off the field. He needs to come off from twitter as he constantly is posting confrontational and abusive posts :) one of those marmite players that you despise if not playing for you.
I’ve long advocated a loons n locals policy for safc as being our only way to bridge the gap with the big boys. We’ll take him. Have him disheveled and sent to the SOL ASAP.

James hill (fleetwood) was head and shoulders above the rest of their team when we played them earlier in the season, tried to see in match reports after we played them if it was a one off and there were a few motm's.. This thread prompted me to check again (barca alleged interest) although Burnley and Preston more believable..

Very good shout mate, now at Bournemouth.
Callum Camps from Rochdale. Good playmaker for this level.
Harry Toffolo from Lincoln, we need a full back.
Ashley Hunter from Fleetwood. Pacy winger.

Campa now at Fleetwood.
Toffolo at Huddersfield.
Hunter's gone to Salford.

Interesting to see how some of these players are fairing.
*Camps

Last edited:
Tribunal has settled us a transfer fee of £300k for Scott Twine going to MKD with a 20% sell on clause.
Not bad and the second injection of much needed cash this week.

Most pleasing of all scum bag doesn’t get a penny.
Very good shout mate, now at Bournemouth.

Campa now at Fleetwood.
Toffolo at Huddersfield.
Hunter's gone to Salford.

Interesting to see how some of these players are fairing.
*Camps

Cracking lad is Toffolo.
Does so much voluntary work in the community at respective clubs.
Smashing kid.

Last edited:

Back