SMB Metal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer were fantastic last night. Anthrax, Lamb of God and Obituary supporting as well. Is that the same line up you had in Newcastle?

Sore head today.

Low key announcement so you may have missed it, but Prophets Of Rage have announce two shows (Manchester and London) for next August, tickets on sale tomorrow. Or yesterday if you know where the usual pre-sales are.

Slayer were fantastic last night. Anthrax, Lamb of God and Obituary supporting as well. Is that the same line up you had in Newcastle?

Sore head today.

Yep.

Low key announcement so you may have missed it, but Prophets Of Rage have announce two shows (Manchester and London) for next August, tickets on sale tomorrow. Or yesterday if you know where the usual pre-sales are.

Saw them this summer. Absolutely fantastic. B Real has a fantastic voice for hard Rock. He sings Rage really authentically like Zach

Had a band I'd never heard of before come up on my Spotify recommendations:

They've got quite a few decent tracks, you can certainly hear a Black Sabbath influence in a lot of them. Sounds somewhere between Black Sabbath and Mastodon to me.

Any fans of metalcore?

I was really into it about 15 years ago when it was big and I'm going through a phase of rediscovery at the moment.

Currently listening to God Forbid but I've been really enjoying the new records from Parkway Drive and Bring Me The Horizon.

Saw Therapy? in Glasgow a couple of weeks back for the 4th time. Brilliant as always. Their new album Cleave is a cracking return to form.

Plus an old favourite of theirs

Troublegum is one of my favourite metal albums of all time but I just haven't been able to get into anything else they ever did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back