SMB May Challenge - Dereliction, Neglect or Decay - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks mate. I never went in unfortunately. But it's right near the swing bridge on the Gateshead side if anyone wants to try. (It should have GEO tagging info in the image)

I've been meaning to go in but always bottled as it have been alone. I can't remember where I read, (one of the urbex forums) that someone went to go in and got to one of the windows on the river side and heard dogs barking inside so did a runner, been a bit weary since seeing that

Right that's me in. My picture is of Gresham in the centre of Middlesbrough. It's partly been cleared and demolished by the council - unfortunately they've now run out of money - and the clearance/demolition has ground to a halt.

My picture is of the back of one of about 4 inhabited houses, in five or so streets of boarded up houses. It might be sunny, bright, and blue skies on my pic, but I've never been to a more depressing place. (I like the contrast!) I've tried for about three weeks to catch some people in the place, but nobody goes through it. :neutral:

The other side of Middlesbrough has similar housing, and is home to Middlesbrough's asian community, and houses a lot of students. It's a vibrant, colourful place, home to some of the nicest asian shops, little restaurants. Half a mile away is this place - it's like something out of 'I am Legend' You can walk round the place at midday 500 yds away from the center of town and be in deserted streets.

When looked at against Steeed's shot, it's a crying f***ing shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the hole in a hole in a hole one, although I think it'd look better in colour, getting bored of the whole B&W must = derelict, neglect, decay.

This months rules should have been, no pyrotechnics or B&W !!

really not happy with mine this month, with moving house and work I haven't got out as much as I'd like so last night i just grabbed my camera and went to three spots I could think of, felt very rushed. Just converted it in PS which I'm not used to, as don't have my computer set up in my new place yet and had to do it at work. My version of windows on my work computer won't let me run lightroom :-(

Anyway its up there now. :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back