Smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting one. Aerial is knackered but we rarely watch live TV anyway, just iPlayer and Netflix and the odd thing on catch-up so a Smart TV seems a good bet to go for - any recommendations? Or ones to definitely avoid?

I’ve just got a Toshiba from argos for £220, I haven’t got a clue about them really just bought it as it was cheap. Works great with Amazon Prime and my iptv service, decent enough picture. Don’t know what level you’re looking for but hope this helps.

How long's a piece of string.

I just bought an LG from Richer sounds..went for 65inch in the end. Very impressed so far. Couldn't justify the extra for oled
Remote control operates like a WIi controller.. just point it with an arrow.. links to any box really well and on the remote has an Amazon and a Netflix button to fire them up in a second
Paid £899

I’ve just got a Toshiba from argos for £220, I haven’t got a clue about them really just bought it as it was cheap. Works great with Amazon Prime and my iptv service, decent enough picture. Don’t know what level you’re looking for but hope this helps.
Are you hooked up to an aerial as well for Freeview or just the internet?

I just bought an LG from Richer sounds..went for 65inch in the end. Very impressed so far. Couldn't justify the extra for oled
Remote control operates like a WIi controller.. just point it with an arrow.. links to any box really well and on the remote has an Amazon and a Netflix button to fire them up in a second
Paid £899
Out my price range but cheers.

If you're local to the north east, get yourself up Clearance Bargains with £300 in your pocket. You'll be pleasantly surprised as to what that'll get you.

The Toshiba I got from Tesco is utter garbage. I won't be buying a Toshiba again. It was pretty cheap mind

Paid £899
Mine's sat in a drawer and I went back to using the normal one.

I have had two smart TVs, My Sony Android one was excellent till the bairn broke it. I have a new Phillips one which I love but the software isn't as good. You can just add a firestick to any TV though to turn it into a decent smart TV.
Fair enough mate, I can only give my opinion.

My old Toshiba TV was like a tank. Gave it to our lasses sister when I upgraded and it is still going strong.

Paid £899
I got the 55 oled for £1100. It’s class. Need a suitable wall bracket for it tho and haven’t got a clue which one to get.

I got the 55 oled for £1100. It’s class. Need a suitable wall bracket for it tho and haven’t got a clue which one to get.
Which one did you get? I have my eye on the 55 inch LG C9 but haven't been convinced to spend the 1400 quid its selling for yet.

LG is best, followed by Samsung, but if you don't want TV over the air, just get yourself a firestick.

I've got a 10 year old 55" TV which has a smarthub that is so out of date, nothing works. I've added a firestick and I've no got everything I need.
Which one did you get? I have my eye on the 55 inch LG C9 but haven't been convinced to spend the 1400 quid its selling for yet.
Are they really that much different from the 55" ones selling for £500? Unless you've got perfect eyesight and sit close, you'll not notice the difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back