Slowthai

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm 55 and know Slow Thai - I like some grime stuff such as Kano and Little Simz but can't stand Slow Thai - I can't stand it when someone from Northampton feels the need to put on a Londonesque urban accent. Hopefully his career suffers from this nonsense at the NME awards - acting like that is no longer acceptable. There's a lad from Leicester called Lloyd Luther who's done a great song called Drugs on Tap - talks in a Leicester accent, sounds good. There are also some good grime artists locally like Listaa from Sunderland who do it in a local accent and are good at what they do.

BTW age has nothing to do with what sort of music excites you - for me, if its fresh and sharp I like it.

seen him/them at kendal last summer, not exactly my type of thing (i was waiting for Idles to come on next) but it can't be denied that he absolutely rocked the place, it was jam packed and bouncing

I'm 55 and know Slow Thai - I like some grime stuff such as Kano and Little Simz but can't stand Slow Thai - I can't stand it when someone from Northampton feels the need to put on a Londonesque urban accent. Hopefully his career suffers from this nonsense at the NME awards - acting like that is no longer acceptable. There's a lad from Leicester called Lloyd Luther who's done a great song called Drugs on Tap - talks in a Leicester accent, sounds good. There are also some good grime artists locally like Listaa from Sunderland who do it in a local accent and are good at what they do.

BTW age has nothing to do with what sort of music excites you - for me, if its fresh and sharp I like it.

Simz isn't really a grime artist I don't think, she is probably the best rapper in the country though.

His album is decent, he also did a gig and held a severed head of Boris Johnson whilst performing , seems like a sound bloke to me.
Unfortunately the video of him at the NME awards seems to confirm that he is not a sound bloke - just an immature prat who happens to be good at rapping.
Simz isn't really a grime artist I don't think, she is probably the best rapper in the country though.
Fair enough - the label matters little. She's really talented as is Kano - both showed they could do it with live bands on Jools Holland.

Last edited:
I have literally no idea who this is.
I thought this thread was going to be about noodles or something.
Disappointing

Truly terrible awards show, mind. Almost tempted to ask whether he was told to behave like a f***ing berk to spice up the affair. Highlight was sitting opposite Michael Eavis having a Nandos (sweating off his box).

Fuck me that is horrendous. Just some lad shouting shit down a mic. Not in any kind of tune or owt.

Soslz gramps.

"Well in my day every little ditty had a sweet melody."
Truly terrible awards show, mind. Almost tempted to ask whether he was told to behave like a f***ing berk to spice up the affair. Highlight was sitting opposite Michael Eavis having a Nandos (sweating off his box).

Ooh look at me I was there.

Last edited:

I presume Eavis was there because his daughter was winning something?

Had he started his career?

I've never heard of this bloke
Imagine of lot of this group haven't ,he's doing canny with the kids and the youtube generation .There's a whole scene going away from us expecting to see them on the One show and Graham Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back