Sky Stream

Bloody hell. Is it much better than sky q etc ?

PQ is better (can only assume they are cheating out on sat transponder capacity to lowering quality on Sat??) for sure. The hardware is cheap shite tho, like a little cheap Chinese android box. It'll get better.

Warning - if you do a lot of Fast Forwarding/Rewinding, stay clear for now, its crap!

A couple of questions as it seems it is possible she won't be able to have an aerial on her property.

I understand sky stream comes through WiFi (yes?)....is an aerial required also. I've done some googling but get varying answers.

If she got a new TV and an Amazon firestick would an aerial on roof be required?

A couple of questions as it seems it is possible she won't be able to have an aerial on her property.

I understand sky stream comes through WiFi (yes?)....is an aerial required also. I've done some googling but get varying answers.

If she got a new TV and an Amazon firestick would an aerial on roof be required?

Sky Stream needs internet yep, either wifi or hard wired (ethernet) into the router. Do not need an aerial. That is literally for a backup should the internet go down (so you can at least watch some TV).

Fire stick would not need an aerial, but I wouldn't going there for an older person...

What would mean she couldn't have an aerial? Planning or something daft? An indoor aerial could work. But if she has internet then just go with the basic sky stream sub.

Sky Stream needs internet yep, either wifi or hard wired (ethernet) into the router. Do not need an aerial. That is literally for a backup should the internet go down (so you can at least watch some TV).

Fire stick would not need an aerial, but I wouldn't going there for an older person...

What would mean she couldn't have an aerial? Planning or something daft? An indoor aerial could work. But if she has internet then just go with the basic sky stream sub.
Thank you.

I think her location and building mean no aerial. She is getting that checked out for sure though in a couple of days.

I fancy the Sky Stream affair. I’ve got Sky Q and a dish currently but the age old problem of heavy clouds/serious rain/thunderstorms can cause the signal being lost

we did have Virgin through the broadband previously and that worked well .

im not far to go on my package contract, so I’m thinking of talking to them about sky stream

I fancy the Sky Stream affair. I’ve got Sky Q and a dish currently but the age old problem of heavy clouds/serious rain/thunderstorms can cause the signal being lost

we did have Virgin through the broadband previously and that worked well .

im not far to go on my package contract, so I’m thinking of talking to them about sky stream

Stream will sort this. The PQ is also better. Give them a ring and see what they can offer you. You have 31 days if you don't like it you can go back to Q.

One thing to take into account the fast forward/rewind is REALLY bad still. You have to pay £5/month for ad skipping and it's hideous. You can probably get it free, just tell them you've heard its rubbish (it is!)

Stream will sort this. The PQ is also better. Give them a ring and see what they can offer you. You have 31 days if you don't like it you can go back to Q.

One thing to take into account the fast forward/rewind is REALLY bad still. You have to pay £5/month for ad skipping and it's hideous. You can probably get it free, just tell them you've heard its rubbish (it is!)
I can live with adverts. Thanks for the tips though

Bump.

Just changed my Sky Q over to Sky Stream and it’s canny. The whole non-recording/playlist thing takes a bit to get your head round but I like it. Helps to have decent Wi-Fi connection like

Back