Sky Q question

Recently got Sky Q installed and I still can't decide if I prefer it or not. There's obviously clear advantages with the multiple recordings etc. but there's certain things that I don't like.

On the old platform, if you recorded something to watch later and fastforwarded it, unless you pressed select to show 'viewing time remaining', you could avoid how long was left of your recording which was handy for avoiding spoilers in sport. Now, you have this clearly visible big line when you fastforward it telling you exactly when the programme ends which is really annoying if it's a live programme with no specified set ending. For example, when fastforwarding a break in the darts last night, somebody was 2-0 up in a race to 3 and there was just about 10 mins of the recording to go so I knew he'd won as there wasn't enough time remaining for the other player to mount a comeback and I can see this being a big issue in the Australian Open tennis next month as that is on during the early hours so that will all have to be recorded as well.

Might sound minor and wouldn't be an issue for something like Emmerdale with a set 30 minute time period, but it is a bit annoying - is there a way around it, or something you can do to avoid it?

Back