Sky Price Increase Cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've signed up to Virgin, the speeds are 600mb as opposed to the max sky could do in the same house of 27. Mad the difference.

Be warned though I think due to COVID they've outsourced some of their call centre work and the last few times I've tried to call I've ended up speaking to someone in India and I just ended up hanging up as he couldn't understand me.
The one I spoke to understood me reasonably well, but basically stuck to the script & cut me off when I (admittedly repeatedly) challenged the ridiculous idea that they charge extra for HD in the 3rd decade of the 21st Century.

The one I spoke to understood me reasonably well, but basically stuck to the script & cut me off when I (admittedly repeatedly) challenged the ridiculous idea that they charge extra for HD in the 3rd decade of the 21st Century.
I hate it. Its not their fault but I wish companies wouldn't outsource. To be fair sky never used to. I assume they are now as obviously COVID isn't a thing in India! Oh and I totally agree about them having the cheek to charge for HD.

They charge for HD as half heeds would complain they are paying for something they don’t want or need.

you still get people saying they can’t tell different between HD and SD.

I hate it. Its not their fault but I wish companies wouldn't outsource. To be fair sky never used to. I assume they are now as obviously COVID isn't a thing in India! Oh and I totally agree about them having the cheek to charge for HD.

I was struggling to hear what the bloke was saying yesterday, not because he was Indian, but it was such a terrible connection.

He tried the hard sell for getting me to switch to sky broadband, stuck to my guns and refused to talk about anything else other than my tv package.

Got him down to £43 (but would be an extra £3 in May increase) for Sky Signature, box sets, HD and multiscreen, including a Sky mobile SIM card. Argued about the SIM card because didn’t see much point in it as I have a work‘s phone. He then said because I didn’t want the optional SIM card price would be £50.

Told him fine as price was still way better than what I was currently paying. He did some tapping on his keyboard, and then said he could do a deal for me for £45 to start but £3 be added in May (WTF?!? :lol:)

I am happy with £48 a month (from May) - that is nearly £60 saving in my monthly outgoings.

Anyone had any luck cancelling any of their services due to the price increase?

Moving house and Virgin have much better Internet speeds but I've currently got a package through sky?

Just ring and cancel them.

That's unless you're in you're initial period of subsrciption, in which case you'll be hit with a cancellation charge.
I was struggling to hear what the bloke was saying yesterday, not because he was Indian, but it was such a terrible connection.

He tried the hard sell for getting me to switch to sky broadband, stuck to my guns and refused to talk about anything else other than my tv package.

Got him down to £43 (but would be an extra £3 in May increase) for Sky Signature, box sets, HD and multiscreen, including a Sky mobile SIM card. Argued about the SIM card because didn’t see much point in it as I have a work‘s phone. He then said because I didn’t want the optional SIM card price would be £50.

Told him fine as price was still way better than what I was currently paying. He did some tapping on his keyboard, and then said he could do a deal for me for £45 to start but £3 be added in May (WTF?!? :lol:)

I am happy with £48 a month (from May) - that is nearly £60 saving in my monthly outgoings.

That's still one hell of a lot to pay for a television subscription.

I was paying I think £45 including sports. I ditched the sports, but it was still £30.

Even then, it was just a TV supscription that bar a couple of programmes I could do without.

Last edited:
Even then, it was just a TV supscription that bar a couple of programmes I could do without.

I don’t mind. Live with two elderly disabled parents who have nothing better to do than watch telly, mainly my Mam as she loves her box sets and those weird shows like Little People, Dr Pimplepopper and channels like Alibi and Atlantic.

I don’t mind. Live with two elderly disabled parents who have nothing better to do than watch telly, mainly my Mam as she loves her box sets and those weird shows like Little People, Dr Pimplepopper and channels like Alibi and Atlantic.

I was in not too dissimilar situation to you a year ago with my mother. She passed away and that's when I really had to take stock of my spending.

I'm back in work again for now after being her carer, but just can't justify that spend on what is just a television package when there are other ways of watching said box sets (ahem).

I can pay a tenner to watch and work my way through one of those television series on Amazon for example. Others are free with Prime.
They charge for HD as half heeds would complain they are paying for something they don’t want or need.

you still get people saying they can’t tell different between HD and SD.

When you're eyes aren't what they used to be, then the difference is not as noticeable to be fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back