Sky inflating today's death increases rather than waiting and reporting official releases!

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6694

l know some people on here may want to be first to post the death numbers but can they please wait until the official release from these sources (or another official source) and not Sky, or any other media outlet who will be trying to be first to publish the info so they can generate traffic/revenue etc. Today was just taking the piss as to how they 'inflated' the number!

I'd noticed this before when there was a discrepancy of daily numbers and Sky was the original source posted on here. It wasn't by many but it's now clear Sky are numbers that aren't released daily like we're used to and see every day and said in the daily brief. That Ashish Joshi has just been on Sky News again reeling out the individual totals of the 4 UK nations totals as below. I've turned it off now as I wasn't watching it but I heard him repeating what he said earlier.

England -758 deaths so total 5,655
Scotland - 74 deaths so total 286
Wales - 19 deaths so total 212
Northern Ireland -3 deaths so total 73

So that's 854 deaths in total added today and the overall deaths using these numbers is 6,226. It isn't as he said the totals of those 4 numbers won't add up to the total of 6,159 that the GOV website and Department of Health and Social Care!

Logon or register to see this image

What are they even saying this for? What is the f***ing point of that as they're adding 65 deaths that may be added tomorrow/later on by the GOV/DOHSC as they're supposedly using a more up to date figure from Public Health England. It could be a leak for all we know as I don't know where PHE release these English death numbers. All they do is retweet the DHSC tweet that shows the offical numbers.

As we've seen, in Sky's rush to report deaths and jumping ahead of official figure releases the thread on here was started with 854 deaths when in fact the latest change was 789. They've done this before as I said but today's difference of 65 is taking the piss. Just how many people will have seen the original 854 and possibly not see the true number? 789 is bad but not as f***ing bad as 854! :rolleyes: It had me puzzled as to what the fuck was happening in these 2 posts below but now I see it's just Sky trying to be clever twats! :evil:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/todays-numbers.1512810/page-4#post-31493399

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/todays-numbers.1512810/page-4#post-31493586

Yet their own website says the correct number though I don't know what it said originally.

:edit: Typo above from me as it's 786 deaths! :lol: Happens to the best of us ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

l know some people on here may want to be first to post the death numbers but can they please wait until the official release from these sources (or another official source) and not Sky, or any other media outlet who will be trying to be first to publish the info so they can generate traffic/revenue etc. Today was just taking the piss as to how they 'inflated' the number!

I'd noticed this before when there was a discrepancy of daily numbers and Sky was the original source posted on here. It wasn't by many but it's now clear Sky are numbers that aren't released daily like we're used to and see every day and said in the daily brief. That Ashish Joshi has just been on Sky News again reeling out the individual totals of the 4 UK nations totals as below. I've turned it off now as I wasn't watching it but I heard him repeating what he said earlier.

So that's 854 deaths in total added today and the overall deaths using these numbers is 6,226. It isn't as he said the totals of those 4 numbers won't add up to the total of 6,159 that the GOV website and Department of Health and Social Care!

What are they even saying this for? What is the f***ing point of that as they're adding 65 deaths that may be added tomorrow/later on by the GOV/DOHSC as they're supposedly using a more up to date figure from Public Health England. It could be a leak for all we know as I don't know where PHE release these English death numbers. All they do is retweet the DHSC tweet that shows the offical numbers.

As we've seen, in Sky's rush to report deaths and jumping ahead of official figure releases the thread on here was started with 854 deaths when in fact the latest change was 789. They've done this before as I said but today's difference of 65 is taking the piss. Just how many people will have seen the original 854 and possibly not see the true number? 789 is bad but not as f***ing bad as 854! :rolleyes: It had me puzzled as to what the fuck was happening in these 2 posts below but now I see it's just Sky trying to be clever twats! :evil:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/todays-numbers.1512810/page-4#post-31493399

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/todays-numbers.1512810/page-4#post-31493586

Yet their own website says the correct number though I don't know what it said originally.

:edit: Typo above from me as it's 786 deaths! :lol: Happens to the best of us ;)
2 weeks ago I moaned at you for your mega posts. I look for them now so sorry about that. The media are very disappointing through this, to say the least.

Don't know but the financial Times released this with regards to deaths recorded on government site and actual numbers recorded by NHS

Firewalled so can't see the article to see how they're getting those numbers but I can't even work out how the fuck they reckon over 1,500 deaths a day from the NHS when Looking at the numbers below :confused:

I'll come back to this tomorrow as I've got numbers left, right and centre from various official sources. The hospital numbers has this note and also highlights the 6 preceding days to say figures can change so again, I'm not sure where there getting those numbers from when I look at the totals prior to April 1st.

Basically I now don't believe any numbers from anywhere apart from the official sources as the media are just tripping over themselves to be the first with the numbers per day as that's what millions want to know. Those media outlets who give the info later won't get the attention and therefore revenue, hence Sky giving a completely mixed up figure today and misleading people today! As you will see below in the Summary (top right) the numbers correspond to actual date of death for people in Hospital in England only (not UK) and they're not the same as the later reported numbers we get in the brief either. I hope I've explained it well enough and this is why my posts are long when it comes to this as I write it in the hope that anyone can grasp the basics of what I'm saying.

2 weeks ago I moaned at you for your mega posts. I look for them now so sorry about that. The media are very disappointing through this, to say the least.
As I've just said, some of my posts now are lengthy and detailed but that's because I'd prefer people know exactly what I'm trying to say and understand at least the basics and then make up their own mind, rather than believe the media or something someone said they seen mentioned somewhere else etc but not really giving a source. I'm just sticking to official sources and I'll probably hoy up daily numbers for all UK stuff like I've been doing but with more detail such as age ranges deaths. I'll also hoy up local cases/deaths as it's all automated so I can just copy and paste it here for people.

The problem is that Scotland are reporting separately and including suspected community deaths.

The accepted procedure is for each country to report all hospital Covid-19 positive deaths whether it was the cause of death or not.

Last edited:
The problem is that Scotland are reporting separately and including suspected community deaths.

The accepted procedure is for each country to report all hospital Covid-19 positive deaths whether it was the cause of death or not.
Has this been changed now looking at this? Their numbers now seem higher quickly skip reading it as if they're now reporting both? I may be wrong of course as I can't be arsed to source the Health Protection Scotland (HPS) and National Records of Scotland (NRS) numbers like I have with GOV/NHS and ONS etc.

Firewalled so can't see the article to see how they're getting those numbers but I can't even work out how the fuck they reckon over 1,500 deaths a day from the NHS when Looking at the numbers below :confused:

I'll come back to this tomorrow as I've got numbers left, right and centre from various official sources. The hospital numbers has this note and also highlights the 6 preceding days to say figures can change so again, I'm not sure where there getting those numbers from when I look at the totals prior to April 1st.

Basically I now don't believe any numbers from anywhere apart from the official sources as the media are just tripping over themselves to be the first with the numbers per day as that's what millions want to know. Those media outlets who give the info later won't get the attention and therefore revenue, hence Sky giving a completely mixed up figure today and misleading people today! As you will see below in the Summary (top right) the numbers correspond to actual date of death for people in Hospital in England only (not UK) and they're not the same as the later reported numbers we get in the brief either. I hope I've explained it well enough and this is why my posts are long when it comes to this as I write it in the hope that anyone can grasp the basics of what I'm saying.

As I've just said, some of my posts now are lengthy and detailed but that's because I'd prefer people know exactly what I'm trying to say and understand at least the basics and then make up their own mind, rather than believe the media or something someone said they seen mentioned somewhere else etc but not really giving a source. I'm just sticking to official sources and I'll probably hoy up daily numbers for all UK stuff like I've been doing but with more detail such as age ranges deaths. I'll also hoy up local cases/deaths as it's all automated so I can just copy and paste it here for people.

Strange. It let me read it earlier but it's blocked now. Figures were from ONS but don't include home deaths.

Try this link
Strange. It let me read it earlier but it's blocked now. Figures were from ONS but don't include home deaths.

Try this link

Edit: that doesn't work either bu lt if you follow this link to twitter the link on the post works

Last edited:
OK, I misunderstood the 1,500 as being per day and I'm knackered now and making mistakes looking at stuff :lol: I'll leave this for tonight but here's some data from ONS and there's plenty more to take in. You can see the weekly total for the week ending March 27th was 11,141 deaths overall.

That 539 is broken down here and includes everything outside of hospital and those are weekly deaths. Note it's all provisional at the moment and only England & Wales.

This is note 5 but I'm done for today so can't grasp what it means but I've have an inkling.

5 An 'underlying cause of death' refers to the main cause of death, whereas a cause being 'mentioned on the death certificate' means that it might be the main reason or a contributory reason to the cause of death

I've found another article here but I knew about this but not to the scale of your image but I can see why it's like that. They're just putting dates of death so basically taking deaths reported ddays later by GOV. The opposite of course is that if nobody died from tomorrow then the FT graph would say 0 deaths but the GOV would still be giving us deaths for days to come as they're eventually reported. I'll look at it properly tomorrow and I may be wrong but I do understand the deaths are being reported at various stages but it's not that more people are dying, it's just the daily brief is playing catch up to ONS which itself is playing catchup (I think as my brain is much now :confused:)

Try this link

Edit: that doesn't work either bu lt if you follow this link to twitter the link on the post works

That article is a disgrace, they’re just using the total number of deaths, not just from coronavirus, in March is saying it is higher than the 5 year average and assuming the entire increase is due to coronavirus while at the same time mentioning that the rate of deaths is variable each year. f***ing shithouse scaremongering.

Has this been changed now looking at this? Their numbers now seem higher quickly skip reading it as if they're now reporting both? I may be wrong of course as I can't be arsed to source the Health Protection Scotland (HPS) and National Records of Scotland (NRS) numbers like I have with GOV/NHS and ONS etc.

It looks like they are reporting all confirmed positive Covid-19 deaths, not just those in hospital, but I am sure the First minister said at the last press conference some of them in the 74? total were suspected cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back