Sky Glass

JPS

Full Back
Morning Folks

Can anyone offer their opinion on Sky Glass picture and sound quality?

Ive seen quite a few bad reviews online which is canny off putting, don’t fancy signing a 2 year contract if it’s shite and no better than Sky Q

Morning Folks

Ive seen quite a few bad reviews online which is canny off putting, don’t fancy signing a 2 year contract if it’s shite and no better than Sky Q

Basically it is sky stream wrapped up in a shite tv which their marketing department have made people believe is good.

It is good if:

A) You already have a very basic crap telly
B) You want the spread the monthly cost of a new telly over 4 years or something and include sky with it

If you already have a good telly, just get sky stream.

PQ of stream is better than that of Sky Q, but the experience can be a nightmare as it is often buggy..

Basically it is sky stream wrapped up in a shite tv which their marketing department have made people believe is good.

It is good if:

A) You already have a very basic crap telly
B) You want the spread the monthly cost of a new telly over 4 years or something and include sky with it

If you already have a good telly, just get sky stream.

PQ of stream is better than that of Sky Q, but the experience can be a nightmare as it is often buggy..
Thanks for this 🙌 makes sense

My TV is sound, don’t really need a new one

Sky stream on its own sounds like the preferred option, no lengthy contract either

Anyone for recent experience of this? Due a renewal and my tv has some glitchy bits on the screen so probably need a new one of them too.

Ive got the 65 sky glass, love it.
Good quality picture and reliable,only chew is its app based and no record function.
Overall 8/10

Weird there’s no record function, I’m assuming all streaming options are there though?

Is it also the source for broadband or do you still have a router?

Thanks.
And any idea if you can play consoles on it? I’ve got an Xbox series X.

Last edited:
We still have a router but no sky dish, but yes streams and multi app based.
Not 100% sure re xbox but would assume so.
It has multiple connection points, I have a firestick and 2 seperate speakers connected to mine,also a wii.

Anyone for recent experience of this? Due a renewal and my tv has some glitchy bits on the screen so probably need a new one of them too.

Have you already got the sky glass tv, and it's broken, or did you mean your current tv is broken and you are looking at sky glass?

Avoid it.

Get a better TV (sorry to anyone who has them already bud they're budget shite TV's being sold as amazing cos Sky is built in....)

If you need Sky, get Sky Stream and buy yourself a better TV. What is your budget?

Edit - lack of recording isn't an issue, just add things to playlist (thats recording them...i.e. making available to watch again later)

Have you already got the sky glass tv, and it's broken, or did you mean your current tv is broken and you are looking at sky glass?

Avoid it.

Get a better TV (sorry to anyone who has them already bud they're budget shite TV's being sold as amazing cos Sky is built in....)

If you need Sky, get Sky Stream and buy yourself a better TV. What is your budget?

Edit - lack of recording isn't an issue, just add things to playlist (thats recording them...i.e. making available to watch again later)
Can't keep them forever though.

Morning Folks

We have it in our front room and it's excellent. The picture is immense.

If your broadband is slightly suspect you can get an ethernet cable and join the router to the Sky Glass TV via the electrics, using TP Link - in the house (don't ask me any more as I know zero about electrics) - https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4661847?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=plmrpqlrm&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157|acid:804-627-9544|cid:20264799336|agid:|tid:|crid:|nw:x|rnd:17101283524902745088|dvc:c|adp:|mt:|loc:9046788&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=20264799336&utm_term=4661847&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=&utm_custom2=804-627-9544&GPDP=true&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI046WxcPLhQMVWZNQBh0ntgPgEAQYBSABEgJuivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks.
And any idea if you can play consoles on it? I’ve got an Xbox series X.
I've got a PS5 and it's spot on with a Sky Glass as is any other HDMI source I've attempted to plug into it, including Firestick.

Ultra HD 4K Discs look great playing through it from the PS5, the built-in sound bar and the Dolby speakers in the top corners really make it a great experience watching movies from 4K discs on it.

Caveats:
I got the Sky Glass before they updated the T&Cs when you could sign up and just cancel the sky subscription after the first month and keep paying the TV payments for the remaining period. That (£21 per month for 3 years) worked out a decent price for a TV with Built-In Soundbar (under £800).

Nowadays, you can't cancel the TV subscription so the price is steeper, and given that higher per-month price you could probably get a better TV and Soundbar for the same money.

The TV streaming service is shite and you'd better off plugging a Sky-Q or Virgin 360 box into it except now you can't cancel that Sky Cloud subscription.

Back