Since when has Sting been proud of his home town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Responsible for some decent music and, other than being successful, I'm not sure what people have against him.
They're just following the herd, same sort of people who slag off the harmless Jools Holland. They're the same kind of conformists that, if they had moved to a new area as a child, would've also switched allegiances to that of their peers.

The Police were a great Pop-Rock band, his solo stuff is half-decent with a few absolute classics. Fields Of Gold is one of those rare timeless anthems that spans generations & is I think the second most played song at funerals in the UK (?) (let's forget his lite-reggae collaborations with the likes of Shaggy)

Yes he has a massive ego as do all lead singers, it goes with the job, but the under-educated masses prefer their Rockstars to be hard drinking, hard-of-thinking gobshites like Liam Gallagher.

We share the same biology, regardless of ideology.
Believe me when I say to you,
I hope the Magpies love their children too

He’s a bit of a bell, but ‘Sychronicity’ is a great album and he’s got a wardrobe packed with vintage Stone Island jackets so he’s off the hook.

Ten Summoner's Tales is an immense album too. Up there in my all-time favourites.

He can be a right knacker but he's very talented and done alright for a lad from humble beginnings .I've never heard him slag the region off and anyone from this area with half a brain would move somewhere else in the world if they were loaded .All key musicians have a massive ego ,if you don't think you're great how can your punters .Played a few songs in a Newcastle bar last year iirc

Remember his old pupils doing a little video for him and it was class.Said he was a great teacher etc ,he was genuinely moved .

The same Sting who loves the region so much that he was too busy to attend his mother’s funeral in Wallsend.

Bell End.

Years ago he never mentioned been from tyneside or the culture but suddenly in the last few years he's now proud of where he came from.
They all worked in the shipyards man- Sting, Jimmy Nail were welders, Robson Green was a draughtsman and Mark Knopfler was a caulker and they were all shagging Denise Welch who worked in the canteen with Jill halfpenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back