Since Parkinson came in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr M

Goalkeeper
Since he came in it’s been a bit of a mystery, terrible first game, much better for the next 2-3 with 5 goals in 1 game, loads of chances and higher tempo. Much of what we have been asking for. Then suddenly what seems like a huge drop off, which some people are seeing as players not interested already and a new rotten core etc. This just doesn’t sit right with me.
I wonder if we’ve got a new way of playing that will provide many more chances and subsequently wins, however a gruelling schedule and new training regime to support the higher press etc has just taken it’s toll. He’s brought Allemby in to try and support all of this but needed 2 weeks off around the international break to try and implement things a bit more. The replay won’t have helped but here’s hoping!!

Since he came in it’s been a bit of a mystery, terrible first game, much better for the next 2-3 with 5 goals in 1 game, loads of chances and higher tempo. Much of what we have been asking for. Then suddenly what seems like a huge drop off, which some people are seeing as players not interested already and a new rotten core etc. This just doesn’t sit right with me.
I wonder if we’ve got a new way of playing that will provide many more chances and subsequently wins, however a gruelling schedule and new training regime to support the higher press etc has just taken it’s toll. He’s brought Allemby in to try and support all of this but needed 2 weeks off around the international break to try and implement things a bit more. The replay won’t have helped but here’s hoping!!
few M and M's there marra

Hopefully, i think after the initial period and a transfer window, he will prove to be a big improvement on ross

They packed in when investment was announced

The next couple of months are critical.

I think he’ll concentrate on keeping things tight and hope we can nick a few wins between now and the transfer window.

Depending on how the window goes will determine not only our fate this season but Parkinson’s future at the club.

A decent window that sees us bring in a striker, winger, midfield player and right back could still yet propel us to automatic promotion.

A striker and winger could get us play offs but without that I can honestly see us finishing 10th - 12th.

Finish anywhere outside the top 6 and it’s rip it up and start again territory.

To many players out of contract at the same time, against (if) we did go up we'll have spend some real money and bring in a totally different team. Players (or should I say agents) are not stupid and for a lot of them promotion would mean the chop..

Last edited:
To many players out of contract at the same time, against (if) we did go up we'll have spend some real money and bring in a totally different team. Players (or should I say agents) are not stupid and for a lot of them promotion would mean the chop..

Are you seriously suggesting that players are playing below their ability in order to keep their jobs???

Are you seriously suggesting that players are playing below their ability in order to keep their jobs???
They don't earn crazy money. Yes, they are paid well for playing sport but the average salary for League One is about £70,000 and it's a short career. They have mortgages and families to consider.
Why wouldn't they play to a standard to ensure they kept their jobs, particularly if they are 30+?

They don't earn crazy money. Yes, they are paid well for playing sport but the average salary for League One is about £70,000 and it's a short career. They have mortgages and families to consider.
Why wouldn't they play to a standard to ensure they kept their jobs, particularly if they are 30+?
The senior players aren’t earning 70k though and the average wage in league one isn’t 70k either I’d imagine

Because they’re professionals. How is dicking about going to extend their career and thus end their ability to earn a living at their chosen craft?

I’d suggest judge him on the league performances and stop seeing this board as a correctly informed gathering of minds.

Sunderland are not an average division 1 club though and are probably paying well over the average for div 1.
So why would a lot of these players want to get promoted? If they know they will get dumped in the Championship and are earning above average salaries in League 1, then surely they are more than happy to stay with Sunderland in League 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back