Simon Harmer

In the South African test squad

I’d suggest this is actually quite an important world cricket story. It follows Oliver

Kolpak players going back to their country. Pretty big shift in selection policy

World game needs a strong South Africa

Totally missed this thread initially, he didn’t play in that series of course, but is playing currently against Bangladesh. 55 Tests since his last appearance.

Agree though, it is better for world cricket to have a strong South Africa, it does appear that there’s been a seachange since the removal of the European passport route - can we chalk this down as a Brexit benefit?! ;)
-
Edit - Bowler beautifully so far, deserves more than his solitary wicket. Looks twice the threat that Maharaj is.
*Bowled (ffs)

Last edited:
He bowled beautifully. As I said, when he was 1-27 he deserved more, the only thing that can save the Bangladesh boys now is rain.

Bangladesh showing some fight again

Good to see

Been a cracking Test match, there’ve been some great games of cricket over the last few weeks - in Pakistan, here, even as far back as the SA v India series.

Just hope the rain that is threatened for tomorrow stays away. The game deserves a natural finish.

Wasted review from that young'un in the knockabout in the crowd. Absolutely plum LBW.

Mulder canny lucky to not get a king pair there.
--------------------

That's so irritating. Bangladesh just take the 6th wicket, leaving it delicately poised, and they cut away to go to the IPL.

Last edited:
Olivier knicked a ball 2 deliveries ago and nothing from the Bangladeshis. Just been plumb lb and RSA 204 all out. Bangladesh need 274
-----

6-2 and they should be 6-3 didnt review a knick
----------

8-3 and sky go to IPL :lol:

Last edited:
Another cracking Test match, I know I keep repeating it, but I’ve had so much joy from watching Test cricket this winter. Every single Series that England haven’t been involved in has been class in its own way!

Saffers should win from here, but it only takes one partnership from the Bangla boys and the pressure will be right on the hosts.

Every time South Africa look like they have taken even a draw beyond their reach, Bangladesh have battled their way back into it. Whatever happens tomorrow, they've shown a lot of bottle, just as they did in New Zealand.

Back