sim help needed please

soapster

Striker
i have recently changed mobile phone networks. i was with vodafone but now with lebara on a monthly contract. i done the poc request.
initially my phone worked on the lebara sim mobile number. worked well. then done a poc request to vodafone. this was completed after a couple od days. the issue i have now, is that when transmitting, it is recieved by the number i called as the original lebara number. when the receiving number reply it appears to reply tp my original which was poc'd over.
i have checked settings/ about phone/ and it shows the correct poc'd number. i have also checked connections/ sim manager/ and it shows the correct number. also checked connections/mobile networks and it shows lebara.

yet when transmitting / sending i still seem to be transmitting on the original lebara sim number. so people dont have a clue who is calling.

help appreciated

Have you turned your phone off and back on?
Otherwise, contact Lebara. Its not something I expect you can fix yourself.

Could be a problem with it all being Vodafone under the hood. PAC codes don't work if you stay on the same network, normally.

Have you turned your phone off and back on?
Otherwise, contact Lebara. Its not something I expect you can fix yourself.

Could be a problem with it all being Vodafone under the hood. PAC codes don't work if you stay on the same network, normally.
yes. tried switching it off for 48 hours. no joy. also tried removing sim and switching off and on.no joy. my wife had the same issue when changed from vodafone to 02. she never realised until a conversation over the lunchtable at her work. her family contacts are through whats app. she corrected hers via settings but she cannot remember exactly how she done it.

tried lebara and they cannot understand what my issue is

Are you using WhatsApp to control your calls?
no im not on whats app
it transpires, that although texts show as unwanted number, when i actually call her, it shows the correct number. i have also checked with others and correct number is showing for both texts and calls. she is just going to add the other number to my contacts and issued solved.

strange as to why that should happen though but can live with it.

Last edited:

Back