Silent Corridors

Secondary school bans talking in the corridors to keep children calm

A school in Birmingham has banned students from talking as they walk between lessons and is threatening them with detention if they're caught speaking. Any opinions?

Along similar lines, Spalding Grammar School has banned its sixth formers from carrying bags, for health and safety reasons, so one enterprising younf man has been trying out alternatives:

School bans bags so boy turns up carrying books in a microwave | Metro News

A school in Birmingham has banned students from talking as they walk between lessons and is threatening them with detention if they're caught speaking. Any opinions?

Along similar lines, Spalding Grammar School has banned its sixth formers from carrying bags, for health and safety reasons, so one enterprising younf man has been trying out alternatives:

It's good preparation for later life, when they will no doubt work in organisations with similar ridiculous rules presided over by deluded fuckwits with no common sense

Ridiculous. Sounds more like a prison. Let's prepare kids for being an adult by treating them like they're scum.

Our school, St Bede’s in Peterlee, used to have the same rules about moving in single file and silence fifty years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I read this and immediately thought in terms of sanitary...err items!

But that's what prefects were for in my school - yelling at kids to be quiet while moving around for lessons...and being told to fuck off. Or maybe that was just me? :)

Back